Verizon Glitch = Moto X Purchase

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Having backed off purchasing the phone a few weeks ago after confronting the new plan presented by Verizon I went ahead and took the plunge today to take advantage of the unlimited data glitch. I know people have said the reps are saying "it won't work in the long run" I signed a new contract during the process that let me keep unlimited data. If Verizon attempts to change my signed contract I'll return the phone.

Should get the phone in a couple of days.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon about the glitch and they said next billing cycle you will be moved to 2gb tired and will be unable to go back to unlimited even if you return the phone since unlimited is no longer in the system.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's their mistake, they have to honor it. I wouldn't take that sitting down. If an item in the grocery store is labeled incorrectly they still sell it to you at the incorrect price because it was their mistake. Of course they're not going to TELL you it's ok. They don't want everyone doing it!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon about the glitch and they said next billing cycle you will be moved to 2gb tired and will be unable to go back to unlimited even if you return the phone since unlimited is no longer in the system.

Verizon reps are notoriously unreliable. If they try to stick everyone with plan (that the customer didn't sign) it would be a PR nightmare.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would raise hell if they try to take it away next billing cycle. You could consider this a "bait and switch" and they could have a class action lawsuit on there hands if they don't return you to your original plan or something better.

T-mobile Moto X

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

We'll see. Sounds like a "get out of contract free" card if they did that.

Posted via Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

It was in the system when we upgraded so we should be able to keep the plan.

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here, ordered mine yesterday online was able to keep unlimited. In addition to verizon30 code =$60 off, I got upgrade fee waved today. Vz is running free activation ($35) which is basically same as upgrade fee. VZ rep had no problem with it after I explained that I can cancel my order (no restock fee since it didn't ship yet) take my line to AT&T (line is out of contract) and bring it back for $35 saving. Call took 5min if that.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Wireless makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy of the information found in this web site. Unfortunately, on occasion typographical errors, inaccuracies, and omissions may occur. In the event that a listed price is incorrect, due to a typographical error, inaccuracy, or omission, Verizon Wireless reserves the right to refuse or cancel the order you placed, even if the order has already been confirmed and your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged, Verizon Wireless will refund your credit card for the charged amount. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

That's taken from their website, in the fine print at the bottom of the screen during the ordering process.

The key word is cancel. When (not if) Verizon tries to move you to tiered data over this, make sure they CANCEL the order and deactivate the phone that you will be sending back to them. Don't let them push you off of your unlimited plan.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's taken from their website, in the fine print at the bottom of the screen during the ordering process.

The key word is cancel. When (not if) Verizon tries to move you to tiered data over this, make sure they CANCEL the order and deactivate the phone that you will be sending back to them. Don't let them push you off of your unlimited plan.

I'm ready to take the phone back and do a return if they try to make me choose a new data plan after agreeing to a new contract.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd say what I think about Verizon and their crap, but last time I did that I ended up having half the forum jump on me and an inbox conversation from a mod so I won't share my Verizon feelings.

I'll just say if they try to kick you off they'll have a major problem in PR-land

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

So you're saying there's a chance?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's their mistake, they have to honor it. I wouldn't take that sitting down. If an item in the grocery store is labeled incorrectly they still sell it to you at the incorrect price because it was their mistake. Of course they're not going to TELL you it's ok. They don't want everyone doing it!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

That is dependant on the State Law. In my state they Sell it to to you at the price marked or for $5 less than the correct price, which ever is smaller.

However if the don't catch the mistake until after after the sale has processed the register then the price rang up stands.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Almost 24 hours after activation, my account still shows I have the Unlimited Data Plan on my subsidized Moto X.

luniz7

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site

My order has already shipped. Contract date changed and still showing unlimited data. . just saying. Haven't activated the new phone yet though.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
My order has already shipped. Contract date changed and still showing unlimited data. . just saying. Haven't activated the new phone yet though.

Same here, just received the shipping notification. I'll probably wait to activate it until Verizon gives the word.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here, just received the shipping notification. I'll probably wait to activate it until Verizon gives the word.

What time did you order yesterday? Just trying to get an idea of when I should expect my shipping info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro