Moto X - Touchless Control activated with Recording !!!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
yeah, if my sissy hits her google now while i'm on the phone with her, I can get her phone to do stuff. lol. it's trippy.

however, what is he talking about a security issue. Someone playing your voice over the phone to you while you're on it?

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
yeah, if my sissy hits her google now while i'm on the phone with her, I can get her phone to do stuff. lol. it's trippy.

however, what is he talking about a security issue. Someone playing your voice over the phone to you while you're on it?

No.

Say someone records you saying okay Google now. Then plays it back to your phone and sends a text message from it. Not really a security issue. Just pointing out a recording Can do it, and its kinda comical when you are watching a video and okay Google now plays and your touch less control pops up. Pretty funny.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah say if one of your friends was with you and you was demostrating Google Now.That person recorded you on their phone when you said "OK Google Now".
After you showed them laid your phone down ,walked out of room , they could play that recording so your phone hears it and then they mess with ya by setting alerts,alarms,etc..
That would take a person that hangs out with ya alot to do that a bunch and of course some kind of payback would be enforced ,LoL :D

wulfhere

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how it's in any way surprising that a recording of your voice can activate your phone. Plus, the way my Moto X works anyway, if you have a password to unlock, you have to enter it before it will execute any voice command.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how it's in any way surprising that a recording of your voice can activate your phone. Plus, the way my Moto X works anyway, if you have a password to unlock, you have to enter it before it will execute any voice command.

Oh I know. I agree. I just think its also comical that you could be watching a video on your moto x when that happens.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech