People not receiving my picture messages?

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Instead they are greeted with an error message saying media content too large for MMS or something like that. The thing is, I can't find a way to lower the resolution for MMS like you can easily do on Galaxy phones. Is there a way to lower our resolution on the camera or readjust it to send? My friends are iphone users so idk if android users would have the same error sent.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Instead they are greeted with an error message saying media content too large for MMS or something like that. The thing is, I can't find a way to lower the resolution for MMS like you can easily do on Galaxy phones. Is there a way to lower our resolution on the camera or readjust it to send? My friends are iphone users so idk if android users would have the same error sent.

What is the source of the pictures? Ones you took with the Moto, or from other cameras?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless there is a code issue with the file, I am not sure what to suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

chapter90

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my Moto X. I tried to send a picture that I took with my camera. The recipient texted me back with the above error message, I had to crop the picture and resend and it worked.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This wouldn't be an issue if hangouts was like iMessage. I hate having to downsize pictures/videos...SMS is really outdated in that regard. I haven't had any of my friends tell me they couldn't open my pictures but I did have an issue today where I sent a picture and it only showed a blank square after i clicked send. Strange but it sent. Although it has a few little bugs here and there, I love my X. I got rid of my S4 for it and it's so snappy...wish Verizon would release the dang camera update though!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with T-mobile. They had me put in some mms proxy numbers and a mms port number. It did not fix the issue and I am still unable to send pictures if their over a certain size (?). They stated that since the Moto X is not technically a phone sold by them they can not change the way photos are sent via the Moto X. I'm still trying to figure this one out. If I come up with anything I'll update this post.

T-mobile Moto X

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if all the recipients NOT getting the pic with the text are using iPhones *OR* if all are on a different carrier than the sender's Moto X?

I just rev-ed my Moto (bad pun!) took two pics of clouds and trees and sent to my wife's (my old) Bionic and they worked fine. We're both on VZW.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Further on my 2 test texts...File sizes of the original pics were both in excess of 3MB and the size of the files on her Bionic were approx 1/2 MB.
Either Motorola's text app or VZW's version of it automagically reduced them as they were processed.

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if all the recipients NOT getting the pic with the text are using iPhones *OR* if all are on a different carrier than the sender's Moto X?

I just rev-ed my Moto (bad pun!) took two pics of clouds and trees and sent to my wife's (my old) Bionic and they worked fine. We're both on VZW.

So far the only people I've tried it with are iPhone users on att (I'm att also). Maybe just iphone users? Haven't tried with an android phone recipient.

chadecoen

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone ever come up with a good answer?

I'm on a new moto x and wifey is S4, both on tmo. I receive her photo texts just fine but she can't receive mine. Both using native text apps. She gets size error in stead of my photos. I spent long time on the phone with tmo regarding the size of the outgoing pics, and all are within their 1mb limit but s4 can't receive them? I don't get it. Some setting with her S4? Most of the time the pics I am attempting to send are 5-800 mb. It would seem that my mms is shrinking the pics down small enough but she can't get them. Other peeps on other carriers are receiving my pics just fine. Have not tried another tmo user except my wife. Any ideas?

asdrew

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The problem is T mobile's for me. I had a MotoX on At&t and no problems with recipients receiving my texted pix, but switched to T Mobile last month. Now the pix send just fine if I send to someone on At&t but my wife and daughter on my Tmo plan cannot receive the pix. T mobile apparently limits incoming message size or something because they do not realize it is 2014 and they are selling phones with better cameras and the rest of the world handles them.

It is BS for them to tell me to take crappy low-res photos if I want to text them. If I wanted to do that I would use one of my ancient smartphones with a 1mp camera.

chadecoen

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, yes, pics taken with the stock camera on the phone. At first it was trying to send full size pics. Crazy big files. At some point the phone began converting the pics for MMS shrinking them down. Now even files less than the 1mb limit won't go through. Shows sent on my end but wifey gets error.

Tried on cell and WiFi. Both produce error.

Can't send at all on hangouts. Attach pic and press send and I get the little bouncing dots for a bit then it says not sent. Idk.

Thanks everyone.

chadecoen

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And confirmed with tmo and Google. There is no setting in the stock camera to dumb down the photos. Only hdr on or off. But MMS is shrinking like it should.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a solution but can confirm I have the same problem sending mms to tmobile. My X is on Verizon and my wife has an iPhone 5S on tmobile. Occasionally they will go through, but it's rare. I usually end up having to email the pics to her. I have no problem receiving pics from her phone. I've tried using Hangouts...same issue. Granted, the last time I tried Hangouts was before the 4.4 update, so it may be time to try again, but I don't think it will make any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon