Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I left for the Note 3 but I'm having serious second thoughts. I may stop by ATT to pick up a nano sim to activate at home and use an adapter.

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I will not be leaving the Moto X per se, but I am definitely pickup up a Nexus 5 the moment it goes on sale. I like to have 2 phones on hand just in case, and since I sold my S4 Active, I'm in need of another. I'll probably use the Moto X as my primary phone, and the Nexus 5 as my tinkering phone. I love the Moto X too much to ditch it so soon.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I had 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus before I got my Moto X. I really can't tell the difference.

Posted via Android Central App

But you'll be able to tell the difference when 4.4 comes out.
I really like the X and would love to purchase one with 32GB on VZW If any indication manifested itself that the X will get updates that don't lag more than 6 months behind at the 1 year point.
I REALLY love Nexus devices and would LOVE to get the next Nexus, but folks in my office who have AT&T and T-Mobile just don't get good signal or service while they are at work. Not being able to use a phone at work is kind of a dealbreaker.

Man, these 1st world problems are a B!t(h

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If I had a Moto X at this point, I'd probably stay with it. I've been a big advocate of the contextual awareness and language features, and I stand to benefit from them. That said, price is what kept it off the table so far, and when the next Nexus drops I expect it to be priced reasonably lower than the Moto X Dev Edition. So it does look like I'll be getting the Nexus 5.

Matt has the right idea, though. The Nexus 10 successor... that has to happen too.

Are you referring to the Moto X price? IMO it is a very fair price for what you get. I don't see how or why they would price it below the tier 1 devices such as HTC One or S4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using the nano SIM with a micro adapter for using another device? Not ready to give up my S4 GPe just yet but I also do not want to bork it with a jacked up adapter. Any good recommendations? If so I would at least try a Moto X DE.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using the nano SIM with a micro adapter for using another device? Not ready to give up my S4 GPe just yet but I also do not want to bork it with a jacked up adapter. Any good recommendations? If so I would at least try a Moto X DE.

I use Noosy adapters. Got them from Amazon. They work well and I have not had any issues with them.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
if theres no update to fix the voice cutting out issue on the X by the time N5 is released, I will dump it asap. As much as i love the active notifications, theres no reason to keep a phone to where nobody can understand anything i say.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
if theres no update to fix the voice cutting out issue on the X by the time N5 is released, I will dump it asap. As much as i love the active notifications, theres no reason to keep a phone to where nobody can understand anything i say.

What carrier are you on? I have the T-Mobile version, other carries should be being pushed sooner then later. The latest update for the camera also addressed call quality issues regarding the cutting out. I have not had a single complaint from any one on the other end of a phone call tell me I'm cutting out anymore.

T-mobile Moto X

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Although it may not be desirable in all situations, it *does work* to use the speakerphone mode...your voice will not be clipped to those on the other end that way.

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No way. This size of this phone is perfect, and the functionality it come with is exceptional. The Moto X does everything I want in a mobile phone, and does it very well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon