Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all. I love my X but I do miss tinkering with roms and such.
If the new nexus comes in under 500 bucks are you tempted to switch?

Sent from my White Moto X

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No active notifications, no buy.

I'll get one because I pretty much have to, I'll probably even love it, but I have a feeling my X will stay in my pocket for a long while :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the Moto X until we know what the N 5 will offer and on what carriers. If that doesn't work for me I'll be getting a Moto X.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Might still buy it for fun ..if it is priced $299 for tinkering ..but don't see it being my daily driver ..moto x will be daily driver for sometime ..moto x features are pretty addicting and useful in daily usage ..don't think nexus 5 will have those features

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the Moto X until we know what the N 5 will offer and on what carriers. If that doesn't work for me I'll be getting a Moto X.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Im in the same boat, i know spec wise moto x doesn't shine but that user experience and functions makes me wanna get one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Definitely staying with my moto x. The touchless controls, active notifications, and assist are too great of a features.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope ...keeping my Moto X perfect size for me.Everything runs smooth.
I got kinda burnt out on Root/Rom flashing on other devices over the last 4 years.
This little phone dont really feel the need to.Its a keeper, and im not really an hard core Motorola fan as others here.

sent from Moto X

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
x1000

The only phone that would make me switch is the Moto X2. I'm hooked.

+1, also the form factor of the x is amazing. The soft touch back feels great in the hand. I find my self just holding the phone even when I'm not using it!

Posted via Motorola Motox

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No active notifications, no buy.

I'll get one because I pretty much have to, I'll probably even love it, but I have a feeling my X will stay in my pocket for a long while :)

I think I'm more inclined to use the same (or similar) money and go Nexus 10 refresh this year, but maybe not even that. The Moto X and the '13 Nexus 7 are a great combo. But at this point giving up Moto's features is rough. I thought I had pretty good mimics on my Nexus (Tasker, etc) prior to the Moto arriving... but yeah, it's not even close. Sometimes you stare at the black screen on the Nexus 7 when it "dings" and wonder when in the hell it's going to tell you what the notification is and why that silly little white light is blinking.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for awhile.. The N5 will be amazing, but it's not as tightly integrated as Moto+Android imo.. I feel like Moto is more inclined to make it work and is more integrated with Google's idea then the Nexus Line now.. Specially since Googler's moved over to moto when the company was bought.

Nexus is a developer phone, it's great for tinkering and such, but in the long run its literally PURE android, which is'nt THAT great (I had the n4, and N7) Stock Android is great, but there's always something missing. Moto X is mostly Pure stock, but its got soo many addons that make it more valuable then the Nexus Line. and it runs GREAT, follows Google's Software Design (even if there's 2 different designs).. and adds onto their philosophy.

hope im not confusing anyone.

TL;DR- Motorola Mobility is more integrated with Google, then the Nexus Line.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Nexus on vzw (Galaxy Nexus) .So I got a feel for Nexus type phones and while I loved my GN never had an issue with and of course rooted it . Flashed a number of Roms on it. (as I have done with all my previous android phones)
Im still impressed with what they did with the Moto X out of the box. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084