Normal Android OS Percentage ???

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I will admit I am a noob when it comes to the phones however what is considered a " normal" Android OS percentage of battery life, Mine averages between 18-21%, I have read some threads where the goal is single digits, doesn;t this figure change depending on what applications one is using the phone for ? Is their really a target number one should shoot for ? Threads also stating that the cause of battery drain is a high percentage number ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a real target percentage, because remember, it's a percentage, not an absolute. So if your screen has been on a lot, that will suck a lot of energy, and therefore take a larger percentage of battery use, driving the Android OS percentage of use down. If your screen isn't on a lot (let's say, if you're listening to music with the screen off, or making a lot of phone calls), the OS will be using more battery proportionately, so the percentage will go up.

Bottom line is: Don't sweat it, unless you're getting drastically shorter battery life than average. Review this guide for more tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol