Touchless control ?OK Google" Working

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
So I noticed some people were able to retrain the touch less control feature to respond to okay moto. I gave it a try with no success, however I was able to get it to respond to OK Google. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkYq-k-lp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now I realize this isn't a big deal, however I wanted to share and I think OK Google is better than OK Google now :)

Please share your thoughts and experiences !

Regards
Ben

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I might try to change it to okay Google or okay moto. The only thing I'm worried about is I'm already getting Google now opening up when I don't want it to with a five syllable phrase and it might get worse with a four syllable phrase.

Posted via Android Central App

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I might try to change it to okay Google or okay moto. The only thing I'm worried about is I'm already getting Google now opening up when I don't want it to with a five syllable phrase and it might get worse with a four syllable phrase.

Interesting.

Now that I have retrained it this way, if I were to say "OK Google now" , Now would be the first word it recognizes. So its actually only using okay Google as the launch phrase, and anything after that is a query. So it's not just some fluke where its being triggered with the standard phrase , its actually trained to only listen for those two words. I wasn't, however, able to get it to work with okay moto.

I haven't had it going off when it's not supposed to. The only time that happened is when I was watching my first look video of the moto x, ON the moto x, and it stopped the video when it heard okay Google Now. It was pretty funny.

What carrier are you on and if you are on tmo or att have you updated to the latest build?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I have had Very good results using the Touchless feature. I have used it to answer calls, send "I'm driving" texts as well as full responses, set timers, alarms etc.
I have about a 98% success rate with it and I am sure 1% of that is user error.
Works great for me most of the time.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I have had Very good results using the Touchless feature. I have used it to answer calls, send "I'm driving" texts as well as full responses, set timers, alarms etc.
I have about a 98% success rate with it and I am sure 1% of that is user error.
Works great for me most of the time.

Yup. Same here. It really has come in handy several times. I was saying some pizza and wasn't about to touch my phone , however I was able to place a call and send a text. I love this device.

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
What carrier are you on and if you are on tmo or att have you updated to the latest build?

On Verizon but I'm pretty sure touchless controls update from the play store which is cool. I was at a tgi fridays showing it off to people who wanted to buy one and it just kept on activating on its own lol.

Steve-x

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I really want to train it for "Ok Skynet now" but it flat out refuses. It does answer to "Skynet google now" no problem though.

kupochan

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Lucky people. I've gotten "Okay Moto" to work, BUT if I have it saved under that phrase, it wakes up on its own and starts opening random ****. It opens driving mode while sitting on a counter too lol But once I switched it back to the normal phrase, everything went back to normal. Looks like my device doesn't take **** unless done right, just like its owner :)

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just activated it saying " Hey Booble Sow" and "OK Doodle Cow", and it worked. No retraining was needed from the "OK Google now"

It looks like it is looking for certain rhyming words.

It works sporadically.

Last edited:

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My kids always try to talk to my phone but obviously it doesn't recognize them.

The other day, I switched from "OK Google Now" to "OK Google" and all of a sudden it started recognizing my wife's voice.

So I switched back to "OK Google Now" and it stopped, she could no longer command my phone.

I'm not sure what this means, other than I will keep the stock "OK Google Now".

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, the phrase "Okay, Google Now" was chosen because it's complex enough to differentiate the cadence in individual voices. If you shorten it to "Okay, Google" it might not provide the accuracy or security you want.

I've also seen "Hey, Google" used.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513