Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By Camilo
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to get music onto Moto X

    Hi

    I just switched from the HTC One to the Moto X today and i was wondering how would i go about syncing music and photos into my new phone? Is there an app like HTC manager or Kies air for samsung? Also i heard you get 50gb free from dropbox for 2 years, how do i claim this? Thank you!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    use Motorola migrate https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...torola.migrate

    and you get 50Gb free Google Drive not dropbox
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Yep, like he said Motorola migrate to move your stuff. Just sign into google drive from the Moto X and you will get the extra space.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    use Motorola migrate https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...torola.migrate

    and you get 50Gb free Google Drive not dropbox
    I dont want to migrate, i want a fresh start with the music and just get the photos via computer
  5. #5  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    Hi

    I just switched from the HTC One to the Moto X today and i was wondering how would i go about syncing music and photos into my new phone? Is there an app like HTC manager or Kies air for samsung? Also i heard you get 50gb free from dropbox for 2 years, how do i claim this? Thank you!
    For music, I've uploaded everything onto Google Music. It stays in sync with any music my wife adds to iTunes for her iPhone.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    For music, I've uploaded everything onto Google Music. It stays in sync with any music my wife adds to iTunes for her iPhone.
    Yea but then i would need an internet connection at all times right?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    Yea but then i would need an internet connection at all times right?
    No, you can pin music to your phone for offline listening.
    Ry likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    I dont want to migrate, i want a fresh start with the music and just get the photos via computer
    you asked " Is there an app like HTC manager or Kies air for samsung?" Motorola Migrate is that similar app.

    if you want to transfer file connect HTC one, copy files to PC, then connect Moto X and copy it back
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  9. #9  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    Yea but then i would need an internet connection at all times right?
    Nope. You can pin music while on Wi-Fi for access without using cellular data later.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    I thought I'd pipe in, not because I think it helps the OP's specific question (it may, but I don't think so) but because I imagine someone will find this thread in the future and this might help her/him.

    This is for someone who likes to use ITunes on their computer to manage their music and then just sync to android devices.

    I use ITunes on my computer for my music library. I'm looking for an alternative, but so far, I have everything set up in ITunes with downloaded music, ripped CD, etc. I've got album covers (which I like), certain "permanent" playlists, podcasts, etc. Don't do video, contacts, or anything else.

    I have a MotoX and a Samsung Tablet. I like to have about 16 gigs of music on both (have a 16 gig SD card on the Samsung and got the 32 gig MotoX to kind of duplicate that capacity above the 16 gig base MotoX).

    So I downloaded ISyncr to both the tablet and the phone and it really works great for syncing the computer's ITunes to the android device. You can then use the music with either the Google music player that comes with the phone, or, I've been using the Rocket Player which is kind of matched with the ISyncr app - both work fine.

    It's slightly fussy to set up - you need to install a program on the computer and the app on each device to work as the intermediary between the Itunes software on the computer and the player software on the android - but it should be no problem for an android user.

    (editorial: I really wish that there were a single seamless music manager software that would manage music on the computer, rip and/or burn CD's, purchase items from any online music source such as ITunes, Amazon, Google, etc. and plug and play sync to both my IPod and my android devices). Not interested in any cloud-based software or service. I spend a lot of time out of the cloud!!

    There are USB and WiFi options. For some reason, I believe the WiFi option is better, but then again, I haven't gone back to exploring the USB option since first installing it. Could have been an erroneous first impression, and I have no idea why they would have different capabilities/features.

    Using the "WiFi" option with the Isyncr, you can sync whole albums, individual songs, and playlists. When you start the app on the device, it communicates to the music library on your computer and you can select what you want to sync. After running through an analysis of what you have on your device and what you want to sync, it will tell you if you've exceeded your storage capacity. You can set it up to simply add new items to the ones you already have on the device, or erase anything that isn't selected for the current sync. You can select the items directly on the sync screen, and/or you can tell it to sync only items that are checked in ITunes. The Sync moves any album artwork and other info you have associated with the items in Itunes, so the display on the music player shows the artwork, play counts, sort items, etc. if that's your thing.

    My understanding is that you can also sync items you've purchased on your device back to your computer, although I haven't done that yet. Right now, I just use the computer's ITunes to manage my music. Someday (see above) I hope to wean myself from ITunes, but as you know, you're always more comfortable with "the devil you know" rather than the devil you don't know.

    Like I said above, I want about 16 gigs on either device so I recently set up a specific "master" playlist on my ITunes with about 16 gigs of music and podcasts on it (of course it could be larger or smaller). I named it "16 Gig Playlist"! From now on, I'll just "maintain and update" that playlist on my computer and then whenever I sync over to the devices, all i have to do is sync that playlist. On the device then, under the artists or albums (etc.) it doesn't show up strictly as a playlist, but all the individual albums, artists, etc. show up as if they'd been sync'd individually. Just fwiw, I also sync other playlists that are made up of those songs in the master playlist, so that I can selectively use those if I want to.

    Of course you could do just manual sync'ing, specifically syncing whatever playlists, albums, artists, songs, etc. that you want. You can also make new playlists on the device using it's player, but I haven't really messed with that yet, although I do it all the time on my IPod. I don't know if those playlists will sync back to the computer, but that wouldn't matter to me.

    Hope this helps. It reflects info I've received early in my android tablet experience, and what I've muddled through since then.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    I have a similar question, although maybe it’s the same, I dunno. I want to store a couple gigs of music and videos from my computer to my phone. I guess they would then go into an album of some sort? How do I do that. And where would they show up?

    Thanks.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    I have a similar question, although maybe it’s the same, I dunno. I want to store a couple gigs of music and videos from my computer to my phone. I guess they would then go into an album of some sort? How do I do that. And where would they show up?

    Thanks.
    Hook your phone to your computer. In the folder directory of the phone look for a folder named music ( create one if you don't already have one) drag and drop your music files from your computer there. Same goes for videos, look for a video folder on your phone, if you don't have one create a new one, drag and drop your video files there. Programs that use the types of files in those folders will find them and they will show up in the proper programs.
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Hook your phone to your computer. In the folder directory of the phone look for a folder named music ( create one if you don't already have one) drag and drop your music files from your computer there. Same goes for videos, look for a video folder on your phone, if you don't have one create a new one, drag and drop your video files there. Programs that use the types of files in those folders will find them and they will show up in the proper programs.
    The folder might be called "movies", either way, what he said is true. The device's apps/programs will search for the target type of files (i.e. mp3, etc. for music, MP4, etc. for video) througout the device. It probably doesn't even matter what folder they're in (not sure about that).
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    What program would you suggest for videos? The default one on my phone seems to be… the photo gallery? So weird. Unless there's another and i'm missing it. If i'm not, which viewer do you recommend? Preferably free. I have Nexus Media importer, really ugly looking and is not that friendly, so I’ll stick to it when using my external card but files on the phone, any recs?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    What program would you suggest for videos? The default one on my phone seems to be… the photo gallery? So weird. Unless there's another and i'm missing it. If i'm not, which viewer do you recommend? Preferably free. I have Nexus Media importer, really ugly looking and is not that friendly, so I’ll stick to it when using my external card but files on the phone, any recs?
    MX Player, free and it plays just about anything video related.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Camilo View Post
    I thought I'd pipe in, not because I think it helps the OP's specific question (it may, but I don't think so) but because I imagine someone will find this thread in the future and this might help her/him.

    This is for someone who likes to use ITunes on their computer to manage their music and then just sync to android devices.

    I use ITunes on my computer for my music library. I'm looking for an alternative, but so far, I have everything set up in ITunes with downloaded music, ripped CD, etc. I've got album covers (which I like), certain "permanent" playlists, podcasts, etc. Don't do video, contacts, or anything else.
    Have you tried Doubletwist?

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: How to get music onto Moto X

    Have not tried Doubletwist. I seem to recall when I was searching on this for my tablet several months ago, that app was pretty well recommended as was ISyncr. I don't know if I actually looked at it and preferred ISyncr or if there was some other reason I chose it. Could have been random, based on just checking the first one I stumbled across that seemed highly recommended.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 05:09 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 10:53 AM
  4. Moto X in Canada on other providers.
    By npridgeon in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
  5. Is there a way to block MMS message coming from a responder?
    By niceguysf in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions