Random Notifications - No icon on Status Bar

Dan Rucker

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting notifications and when I check there will be no notification in the status bar. I have Googled this issue and people keep tying it to Yahoo Mail, but I don't have Yahoo Mail installed and never have. I have installed notification history and still nothing shows on the list. I have went through and uninstalled unwanted apps and turned off notifications via the apps menu in settings for most apps and I still get it. It happens mainly at night when I actually have my sound on. During the day I have it on vibrate. Some say its network connection, but at home my signal is full. Also people have said its a repeat notification reminder, but on the Moto X there isn't a feature like that in settings. I would like to get actual notifications so I know when to look at my phone, but going to my phone and thinking its something important and there isn't anything there is annoying. Oh and Active Notifications doesn't display anything either when the notification happens.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting notifications and when I check there will be no notification in the status bar. I have Googled this issue and people keep tying it to Yahoo Mail, but I don't have Yahoo Mail installed and never have. I have installed notification history and still nothing shows on the list. I have went through and uninstalled unwanted apps and turned off notifications via the apps menu in settings for most apps and I still get it. It happens mainly at night when I actually have my sound on. During the day I have it on vibrate. Some say its network connection, but at home my signal is full. Also people have said its a repeat notification reminder, but on the Moto X there isn't a feature like that in settings. I would like to get actual notifications so I know when to look at my phone, but going to my phone and thinking its something important and there isn't anything there is annoying. Oh and Active Notifications doesn't display anything either when the notification happens.

Did this happen after any new apps you installed?

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Could you post a screenshot?.
Sounds like you have spam notifications which come with crappy apps and games.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Fk28

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

This too happened to me last night. No new apps. Nothing has changed recently.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This used to happen to me too on my One X. Drove me nuts for a week trying to figure it out. Factory reset was my fix. I couldn't isolate it to any specific app or action.

Posted via Moto X

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

You could try using this App and see if it detects anything > AirPush Detector
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...brosmike.airpushdetector&hl=en&token=12ot2zne

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just started having this issue and figured out that the default calendar used the notification sound I was hearing. I just turned off the notifications for the default calendar (I use a different calendar program) and hope this solves it.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just started having this issue and figured out that the default calendar used the notification sound I was hearing. I just turned off the notifications for the default calendar (I use a different calendar program) and hope this solves it.

This happened on my Droid 2 and 4. Verify your settings on the calendar.

You could try using this App and see if it detects anything > AirPush Detector
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...detector&hl=en&token=VYjCAcZd

This does not work on 4.1 and higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair