Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fk28
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Random Notifications - No icon on Status Bar

I keep getting notifications and when I check there will be no notification in the status bar. I have Googled this issue and people keep tying it to Yahoo Mail, but I don't have Yahoo Mail installed and never have. I have installed notification history and still nothing shows on the list. I have went through and uninstalled unwanted apps and turned off notifications via the apps menu in settings for most apps and I still get it. It happens mainly at night when I actually have my sound on. During the day I have it on vibrate. Some say its network connection, but at home my signal is full. Also people have said its a repeat notification reminder, but on the Moto X there isn't a feature like that in settings. I would like to get actual notifications so I know when to look at my phone, but going to my phone and thinking its something important and there isn't anything there is annoying. Oh and Active Notifications doesn't display anything either when the notification happens.

Global Posts
    30,884 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Random Notifications - No icon on Status Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rucker View Post
    I keep getting notifications and when I check there will be no notification in the status bar. I have Googled this issue and people keep tying it to Yahoo Mail, but I don't have Yahoo Mail installed and never have. I have installed notification history and still nothing shows on the list. I have went through and uninstalled unwanted apps and turned off notifications via the apps menu in settings for most apps and I still get it. It happens mainly at night when I actually have my sound on. During the day I have it on vibrate. Some say its network connection, but at home my signal is full. Also people have said its a repeat notification reminder, but on the Moto X there isn't a feature like that in settings. I would like to get actual notifications so I know when to look at my phone, but going to my phone and thinking its something important and there isn't anything there is annoying. Oh and Active Notifications doesn't display anything either when the notification happens.
    Did this happen after any new apps you installed?

Could you post a screenshot?.
    Sounds like you have spam notifications which come with crappy apps and games.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

This too happened to me last night. No new apps. Nothing has changed recently.
    Dan Rucker likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Did this happen after any new apps you installed?
    I install apps all the time, but Im normally picky. The last things I installed was UCCW and Granny Smith.

Global Posts
    30,884 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I install apps all the time, but Im normally picky. The last things I installed was UCCW and Granny Smith.
    Honestly not sure then.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

This used to happen to me too on my One X. Drove me nuts for a week trying to figure it out. Factory reset was my fix. I couldn't isolate it to any specific app or action.

Posted via Moto X

You could try using this App and see if it detects anything > AirPush Detector
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en

Carrier
    Stock rooted

I just started having this issue and figured out that the default calendar used the notification sound I was hearing. I just turned off the notifications for the default calendar (I use a different calendar program) and hope this solves it.

I'm still having this issue with my Droid MAXX. Anyone have a solution for this?

Quote Originally Posted by eibbed0001 View Post
    I just started having this issue and figured out that the default calendar used the notification sound I was hearing. I just turned off the notifications for the default calendar (I use a different calendar program) and hope this solves it.
    This happened on my Droid 2 and 4. Verify your settings on the calendar.

You could try using this App and see if it detects anything > AirPush Detector
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...detector&hl=en
    This does not work on 4.1 and higher.