Moto X Developer Edition Verizon

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about picking up a Verizon Dev Edition. Is there any real advantage to the Verizon Dev? I know its 32gb and unlocked but you will never get faster updates with it on Verizon so what's the real advantage here? Also for anyone that has it, is the white back hard to keep clean?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Back cover is pretty good, doesn't grab much dirt. Unless you get your hands in oil or mud.

In theory our devs edition will get updates from Motorola directly.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Back cover is pretty good, doesn't grab much dirt. Unless you get your hands in oil or mud.

In theory our devs edition will get updates from Motorola directly.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

But will the Verizon edition get updates directly? Without going through big red?

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does it already have the camera fix like all the other carriers have pushed out? i read somewhere even the VZ Dev Edition does not. I wish the updates came directly from Motorola cause then it would already have the camera fix. I too would like the phone, but am willing to wait a few weeks to see if Moto Maker comes to Verizon as expected. If the updates came directly from Motorola I'd already have this phone in my hands.

shanghai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Does it already have the camera fix like all the other carriers have pushed out? i read somewhere even the VZ Dev Edition does not. I wish the updates came directly from Motorola cause then it would already have the camera fix. I too would like the phone, but am willing to wait a few weeks to see if Moto Maker comes to Verizon as expected. If the updates came directly from Motorola I'd already have this phone in my hands.

I just returned the Verizon Developer Edition, it does not have the update and it had call quality issues. I plan to get the MotoX once Verizon does the update but probably will not get a developer edition again if Verizon gets the 32 gig version.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just returned the Verizon Developer Edition, it does not have the update and it had call quality issues. I plan to get the MotoX once Verizon does the update but probably will not get a developer edition again if Verizon gets the 32 gig version.

Perfect. Thanks for your answers.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have one and am waiting on the update to use it. I've heard (as confirmed here) that it has the call issue still since updates come from Verizon. I only got it because it has 32gb of storage and Verizon, at this point in time, doesn't have MotoMaker.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the white model and haven't had any issues with it getting dirty. I take good care of my stuff and don't use my phone with dirty or greasy hands. I've heard if it does get dirty people have had success using a magic eraser to clean it up.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have one and am waiting on the update to use it. I've heard (as confirmed here) that it has the call issue still since updates come from Verizon. I only got it because it has 32gb of storage and Verizon, at this point in time, doesn't have MotoMaker.

So you haven't even tried using it? I have a Verizon Moto X, and I haven't experienced any issues with calls. Not all phones are affected.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So you haven't even tried using it? I have a Verizon Moto X, and I haven't experienced any issues with calls. Not all phones are affected.

I just got it a couple days ago. And with the soak test starting up I thought it might be worth the wait for a few days. Just to see if they send out the update.

I'm using an S4 so I'm not struggling with what I have. I just love stock android. But I also love working phones as phones. So that issue got me a little worried. I need my phone for work and just life in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463