pics in text not showing

jckd

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Pictures received as texts arrive like it is a video or slideshow as an arrow to play. Then they are 20 second video clips that do not start until about the ten second mark. They go to the 20 second mark and go back to the text message. I can not save the photos at all either.
Is there any settings to change this or is it just the way they always arrive.
I also can not play videos that someone sent me from an iphone. Is there anything I can do?

Thank You all

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Pictures received as texts arrive like it is a video or slideshow as an arrow to play. Then they are 20 second video clips that do not start until about the ten second mark. They go to the 20 second mark and go back to the text message. I can not save the photos at all either.
Is there any settings to change this or is it just the way they always arrive.
I also can not play videos that someone sent me from an iphone. Is there anything I can do?

Thank You all

I get this too when someone with an iphone sends me multiple images in a single message. I guess it has something to do with the way the iphone handles the message. If I'm sent a single image from an iphone it comes in normally. In the instances where I have received multiple images in a slideshow as you describe, I have just taken a screenshot of the image if I wanted to save it.

Videos from iphones are in a .mov file format. You need a third party app to play them. I use MX Player, you can get it in the Play store and its free. It will play a wide variety of video types and works quite well.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This can also occur (the slideshow thing) if someone with an iPhone sends you a picture with text included (i.e. they type something like "check this out!" and then attach the picture). It's frustrating as all hell, especially when I initially came from an iPhone a couple of years ago. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it until I'm proven wrong. My belief is that Apple has strong armed the carriers into some sort of sweet deal where iPhone MMS just flat works better than MMS sent from or to any other phone. Why? Because they knew people would eat up MMS once it became mainstream and they wanted it to be flawless on the iPhone and flawed on other devices. I know...it sounds like a huge conspiracy theory, but I've yet to see that it's not the case. And we are talking about Apple. Would you really put it past them?