I have been to a lot of NHL and college football games lately and when I am there I have no data service, despite showing a decent 4G connection most of the time. *I understand that tens of thousands of people overloading a single (or couple) of towers can slow or halt data, but beyond that I have very little knowledge of how these things work. *
One thing I have noticed, however, is that when I am at the game occasionally my phone will flip over to 3G, and when that happens data seems to work pretty well.
1) Will my phone work better on 3G in a super crowded area, or was my observation merely a coincidence?*
2) If so, does anyone know an easy way to switch between 4G & 3G? *I was using an app for this on my Bionic but I can't seem to find it for the Moto X.
Thanks in advance!
- 10-23-2013, 10:36 AM #2
- 10-23-2013, 11:01 AM #3
- 255 Posts
Re: 3g/4g questions
As far as I know only CDMA networks (Verizon & Sprint) you can go into a menu and change from LTE to 3G, but on AT&T it automatically locks you into the "best" signal. I have had a Samsung Galaxy 2 skyrocket and an HTC One X since I've been on AT&T since 12/2011, and I have never been able to manually switch the signal.
Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
- 10-23-2013, 01:23 PM #5
- 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM #6
- 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM #8
- By Trolled123 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
- By JKovach1227 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 6Last Post: 11-19-2013, 02:19 PM
- By ddorbuck in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 10-24-2013, 05:20 PM
- By Peaches36 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 08:53 PM
- By zBernie in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM