Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Accessories for Moto X

I just bought my Moto X and I am loving this phone. (Coming from Nexus 4)

Aside from cases and screen protectors what other accessories are people using? I am surprised we don't have a sticky in regards to this topic already.
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

Global Posts
    6,357 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Accessories for Moto X

Car mounts are another popular accessory.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

There were a couple of articles that tasked about it. One on this site was a key fob Bluetooth that works great with the thouchless control. The other article was about using Miracast some other feature of the moto x with a type of RFID tag with an app so that could make your phone do certain automated tasks when then the tag and the phone were in vicinity with each other. I'll see if I can find the link when I get back home.

Posted via Android Central App

There was also a thread about an micro USB sdcard reader that attached at the bottom of the moto x

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

It was NFC tags triggering a specific action to your phone. IE: turning on Bluetooth and navigation when entering in your car.

Here is an app that can do program those actions. In theory it should work with the X.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

Here is how the bluetooth speaker works with the touchless (This is an obvious thing for most people but thought it goes with the thread)
    Motorola's hands-free controls may be the best thing that ever happened to mobile | Android Central
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,331 Global Posts

I have the Motorola Skip tags.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

This is the SD card reader. Meenova.com, Welcome. I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Normally the 16 GB (on Verizon and couldn't wait!) is fine for me, but I video my son fencing and if it's a long tournament I run out of space. Seemed like a good compromise. I'll let you know how it works when I receive.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub313 View Post
    This is the SD card reader. Meenova.com, Welcome. I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Normally the 16 GB (on Verizon and couldn't wait!) is fine for me, but I video my son fencing and if it's a long tournament I run out of space. Seemed like a good compromise. I'll let you know how it works when I receive.
    I got the 16 GB phone and picked up the Meenova as well. Picked up a 32 GB microSD card pretty cheap when Sony was doing 60% off recently. Astro is a decent free app that reads the USB (under Storage and a folder called 10.1.1.1 or something). Seems to work fine for storing music or images!

Kenu Airframe Portable Car Mount, small and does its job well in 2010 FX35
    Attachment 88652
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accessories for Moto X-mobilefun-image.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by JDub313 View Post
    Have you updated to 4.4? The Meenova website says that this item is not compatible with the Moto X on Kit Kat, apparently the update breaks access and you have to use a third party app or possibly root a-la Nexus devices.
    Last edited by jlgraham; 12-27-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    Have you updated to 4.4? The Meenova website says that this item is not compatible with the Moto X on Kit Kat, apparently the update breaks access and you have to use a third party app or possibly root a-la Nexus devices.
    But they (and some users here) say it still works via several third-party apps. Dunno how that plays with video recording and stuff, though.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

In addition to screen protector/case I have these:

1) Griffin power dock;
    2) Skip;
    3) Motorola Whisper bluetooth head set;
    4) Motorola Buds bluetooth headphones;
    5) Motorola Power Pack Slim charger;
    6) Motorola Power Pack charger; and
    7) Google Chromecast.

They all work great and I got them all 30-50% off!!!!

Just got mine, so far my regular routine includes:

Motorola Bluetooth headset
    Thinksound ts02 headphones
    Jawbone Jambox
    Ballistic Gel Case
    iStabilizer Tripod mount
    Anker Astro 3 external battery pack.

I have the old version of the battery pack that's available on Amazon. Definitely a must have.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CEZ...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL