G2 to an X maybe.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I had an htc one for a while and loved the phone, but hated the battery life. I then upgraded to a note 3 when it came out and while I liked it the gotten factor was too much. I didn't use the spen enough and the other features were too gimmicky and never worked. So I got the g2 and I completely love it, however, the features on the x are compeling so I'm thinking about trying it out for 2 weeks. I just wish the wood backs were out, but I heard maybe next week when they introduce 4.4.

What are thoughts?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
4.4 is coming to Moto X soon??

I don't own the G2, but I can say that I love LG phones.
I also wouldn't say that you would like the X over the G2 but the Moto X is awesome.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG G2 (AT&T). I am a long time iPhone user from the days of the 3g. Best Buy had the LG G2 on sale this week for $100 with guaranteed $50 for any smartphone. So there goes the old 3G. I was between the Moto X and G2, with the G2 at $50 net for me, I jumped and have had it for 4 days now.

I have been upgrading iPhones for a while and I was using the iPhone 5 for the past year.

Size:
I just can't get used to the size. As an iPhone user all these years, I yearn for good one handed operation. I can't get used the the huge screen. I have to hold it entirely differently which to me is insecure and has actually stressed my thumb (it is sore). For me, it really is too big. I can't believe I even considered the Note3.

Battery:
So far, the G2 has been a disappointment. I tried the use it the same way as the iPhone 5. I doesn't make it through the day. Granted I may be using it just a little bit more since it is a new 'toy' but I'm not impressed with Android/G2 at the moment. Yes, I can tweak and adjust, but I want it to impress me out of the box.

LG /Android/Carrier software:
I really love the customization that Android provides. I love to tinker and make things automated. I see lots of potential with Android. I want to love it. So far with a combination of LG and AT&T services, I am adjusting, but it isn't a smooth adjustment. I'll get used to it because I have the will to. It has been hard to find replacement apps and functionality from iOS. I want this to work! I just have to work at it.

The G2 is nice, and has specs galore. I have some reservations going to the Moto X, but I think the form factor trumps all. It is well reviewed and for me, that will be good enough (especially with BestBuy offering it at $0 now on new contract).

Good luck with your decision, I'm heading in to BestBuy as soon as I can get an hour or two to exchange my G2 (and get them to reverse my upgrade and re-do it for the moto x).

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a LG G2 (AT&T). I am a long time iPhone user from the days of the 3g. Best Buy had the LG G2 on sale this week for $100 with guaranteed $50 for any smartphone. So there goes the old 3G. I was between the Moto X and G2, with the G2 at $50 net for me, I jumped and have had it for 4 days now.

I have been upgrading iPhones for a while and I was using the iPhone 5 for the past year.

Size:
I just can't get used to the size. As an iPhone user all these years, I yearn for good one handed operation. I can't get used the the huge screen. I have to hold it entirely differently which to me is insecure and has actually stressed my thumb (it is sore). For me, it really is too big. I can't believe I even considered the Note3.

Battery:
So far, the G2 has been a disappointment. I tried the use it the same way as the iPhone 5. I doesn't make it through the day. Granted I may be using it just a little bit more since it is a new 'toy' but I'm not impressed with Android/G2 at the moment. Yes, I can tweak and adjust, but I want it to impress me out of the box.

LG /Android/Carrier software:
I really love the customization that Android provides. I love to tinker and make things automated. I see lots of potential with Android. I want to love it. So far with a combination of LG and AT&T services, I am adjusting, but it isn't a smooth adjustment. I'll get used to it because I have the will to. It has been hard to find replacement apps and functionality from iOS. I want this to work! I just have to work at it.

The G2 is nice, and has specs galore. I have some reservations going to the Moto X, but I think the form factor trumps all. It is well reviewed and for me, that will be good enough (especially with BestBuy offering it at $0 now on new contract).

Good luck with your decision, I'm heading in to BestBuy as soon as I can get an hour or two to exchange my G2 (and get them to reverse my upgrade and re-do it for the moto x).

As a very long time iPhone user, I can understand wanting the 1H use that you get used to on the iPhone.
The 5.2" can be really hard to adjust to coming from years of 4" iPhone use. There are still people out there that prefer the 3.5" iPhone screens. Great for one handed use, not so great for content.
I had the S4 that was 5" screen and near perfect in size, I didn't put any app icon in the top left of the screen. They were just too hard to reach.

I think the main reasons I love the Moto X is because the screen is 4.7" but the phone is Barely bigger than the iPhone.
The screen is still Much larger than iPhone but still is easily held/used 1 handed.
Plus, the Moto X is near stock android but with a great set of useful features that make it not so "pure" android.
I have seen Many people say that the Moto X is the iPhone of android (minus the metal) and I agree. easy to use, great features, feels great in the hand ( i do not use cases on Any of my phones)

I think you will enjoy the Moto X over the G2 based off what you don't like so much about the G2.
I plan to get a G2 of Nexus 5 as a 2nd device just to switch out whenever. Nexus 5 may win simply because it will get updates where as the G2 most likely will never see a single update.
LG said they would update the LG Optimus G pro and its now nearly a year old phone with zero updates....

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I love my G2, but it went up on eBay tonight. Gonna use my Moto X solo from here on out... at least until I get bored with one device.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I had an htc one for a while and loved the phone, but hated the battery life. I then upgraded to a note 3 when it came out and while I liked it the gotten factor was too much. I didn't use the spen enough and the other features were too gimmicky and never worked. So I got the g2 and I completely love it, however, the features on the x are compeling so I'm thinking about trying it out for 2 weeks. I just wish the wood backs were out, but I heard maybe next week when they introduce 4.4.

What are thoughts?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I think you are making the right move by going to the X. I haven't used the G2 other than playing with the demo but it seems like a nice device. That being said, it seemed things got a bit out of hand as far as android manufacturers going crazy with specs and size. They all got in a pissing contest of who can make the biggest, most powerful device and in the process they completely forgot about the user experience. Enter the Moto X. The absolutely perfect sized smartphone. The second you put it in your hand you can tell every detail was thought out. Internally it is more of the same. Absolutely no gimmicky crap on board. Every feature Motorola added is useful. Instead of adding features that look cool on a commercial, they added well thought out features which make everyday tasks much simpler.

There are some "the spec junkies" who just can't get over it only having a 720p display or a dual core processor. If you feel your phone must have an excessive amount of power that it can never utilize then the X may not be for you. But if you want the best Android experience to date, then you will love it:)