Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 101
Like Tree110Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Well I was finally able to activate the Moto X last night. Been playing with it while working today. It is a bit different from my iPhone. Finally figured out the e-mail, phone, voice mail and texting part. Trying to customize my home screen. This seems to be more tricky. Are there any good videos or write-ups on how to do this. I tried installing some from the app store but it messed everything up. Had to uninstall it. I like the home screens that have the circles around the time and weather and battery %. I installed Nova Launcher but that made everything go away. Had to uninstall it.
    So I am at the point where I think iPhone users throw in the towel and return to there iPhones. I don't want to do this. I need a good place that can teach me how to install this stuff.
    Westiemom likes this.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Oh my, don't mess with new launchers right now! Stick with the stock Moto Launcher your phone came with and learn your way around your new phone before trying to change it! The stock Launcher is good anyway! You can certainly get some regular apps for news feeds, games, different clocks if you like, etc. But I would stay away from launchers for quite a while. Get used to your phone as it is! Just too much for an Android newbie, in my opinion anyway. :o

    Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #78  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Well I was finally able to activate the Moto X last night. Been playing with it while working today. It is a bit different from my iPhone. Finally figured out the e-mail, phone, voice mail and texting part. Trying to customize my home screen. This seems to be more tricky. Are there any good videos or write-ups on how to do this. I tried installing some from the app store but it messed everything up. Had to uninstall it. I like the home screens that have the circles around the time and weather and battery %. I installed Nova Launcher but that made everything go away. Had to uninstall it.
    So I am at the point where I think iPhone users throw in the towel and return to there iPhones. I don't want to do this. I need a good place that can teach me how to install this stuff.
    I have an X. What are you trying to do?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    I am 55 and I love my android devices. I have rooted my Nexus 7, HTC one x and am going to root my HTC one soon. I have a lot of fun learning new things to do with my devices. These android devices keep my more and active.

    Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Hey Golfdriver97! Thanks for the reply! I am trying to get my home screen to look like Dr. Bombays on the "Let's see your Moto home screens, page 1. He is running Nova launcher and the clock widget One More Clock Widget with the theme is Chrome Rings. I tried installing the Nova Launcher and it completely nuked my homepage. Had to uninstall it. I was hoping the customization would be easier. Would love to find a YouTube video on how to customize your home screen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.



    This might be a helpful start!

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #83  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Hey Golfdriver97! Thanks for the reply! I am trying to get my home screen to look like Dr. Bombays on the "Let's see your Moto home screens, page 1. He is running Nova launcher and the clock widget One More Clock Widget with the theme is Chrome Rings. I tried installing the Nova Launcher and it completely nuked my homepage. Had to uninstall it. I was hoping the customization would be easier. Would love to find a YouTube video on how to customize your home screen.
    Nova does start you out fresh. But once you have built it up, it isn't so bad. You should be able to install the clock widget without adding Nova.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Thanks! I will give it a shot.
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Well I was finally able to activate the Moto X last night. Been playing with it while working today. It is a bit different from my iPhone. Finally figured out the e-mail, phone, voice mail and texting part. Trying to customize my home screen. This seems to be more tricky. Are there any good videos or write-ups on how to do this. I tried installing some from the app store but it messed everythingi up. Had to uninstall it. I like the home screens that have the circles around the time and weather and battery %. I installed Nova Launcher but that made everything go away. Had to uninstall it.
    So I am at the point where I think iPhone users throw in the towel and return to there iPhones. I don't want to do this. I need a good place that can teach me how to install this stuff.
    My advice is to not try to do much customization on the first day. Take your time and do it your way little by little without trying to duplicate anybody else. You'll learn what you like. Also I would stick with the stock launcher for awhile before playing with Nova. Customizing an android homescreen is about the easiest thing you will find out about your Moto X.
    xyzlene likes this.
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?
    It is the process of getting system level access to your Android device (phone). The equivalent of jailbreaking for an iPhone.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by fldude99 View Post
    My advice is to not try to do much customization on the first day. Take your time and do it your way little by little without trying to duplicate anybody else. You'll learn what you like. Also I would stick with the stock launcher for awhile before playing with Nova. Customizing an android homescreen is about the easiest thing you will find out about your Moto X.
    +1 to what he said. Take it easy on the launchers, learn stock first.

    And, I own Nova Launcher. I usually use it to get rid of sense or touch wiz to make it more like stock. The moto X is damn near stock right out of the box. Enjoy that. This is the first time I have not felt the need to download Nova launcher and is a good thing about the phone you chose. When you get bored and need a "new phone" is when you want to start dabbling with the launchers.
    Thanked by:
    fldude99 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Thanks for all the help!
    Since I just received my phone, do you think it already has the talked about camera update? If not, where would I go to see? I apologize for the elementary questions.
  14. #89  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Thanks for all the help!
    Since I just received my phone, do you think it already has the talked about camera update? If not, where would I go to see? I apologize for the elementary questions.
    You probably already got it.
    Go to settings-about device and take a screenshot, power and volume down at the same time.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Found it! It had not been updated. Again, much thanks!
  16. #91  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Found it! It had not been updated. Again, much thanks!
    Glad you got everything the way you want it.
    See you around the forums.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?
    It's a good way of disabling automatic updates to your device and making some apps not work.

    Unless you are into customisation beyond what stock offers you I would suggest don't do it. It can lead to tears unless you have a certain level of expertise.

    I don't root my phone's.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Is tapa talk a different texting app? If so, is it better than Moto's and should I be using it?
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Is tapa talk a different texting app? If so, is it better than Moto's and should I be using it?
    Its for reading your favorite forums. Consolidates everything into one spot.

    Posted via Android Central App
    CR6 and Golfdriver97 like this.
  20. #95  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Is tapa talk a different texting app? If so, is it better than Moto's and should I be using it?
    It is also more simplistic. Less info to download. You can usually tell by signatures is someone is using a mobile app or on a desktop. Note my signature on this post.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    haha "Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?" and I'm a couple of years older than you.. Got a chuckle out of that. Reminds me of the judge in the movie "My Cousin Vinny"
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    I am a 72 year old male. Not high tech by any means and been using iPhones for five years. The moto is very intuitive and quite easy to use. I think you will use the voiceless control more than you might think as well as other features on this phone. Good luck and enjoy. I know you will.

    Posted via Android Central App
    bigdaddytee and weksa like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Well, I have been using the Moto X for about 10 days now. All I can say is that it is the best $%$#@ phone I have ever used!!! I have had every iPhone (except the 5s) and this phone is so much better. Can't see myself ever going back. The Moto X has been such a pleasant surprise. Everything about it has worked beautifully. Even my son that has the Galaxy phone is impressed. Hard to believe that anyone would bash this phone. It truly is a diamond in the rough! Love it!!!
    Thanked by:
    N82k 
    grooks, bigdaddytee, weksa and 4 others like this.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Well, I have been using the Moto X for about 10 days now. All I can say is that it is the best $%$#@ phone I have ever used!!! I have had every iPhone (except the 5s) and this phone is so much better. Can't see myself ever going back. The Moto X has been such a pleasant surprise. Everything about it has worked beautifully. Even my son that has the Galaxy phone is impressed. Hard to believe that anyone would bash this phone. It truly is a diamond in the rough! Love it!!!
    Thrilled it's working it out for you! There is a while world of learning ahead with android! Enjoy.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #100  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    19,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Too Old For Android.

    Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    Well, I have been using the Moto X for about 10 days now. All I can say is that it is the best $%$#@ phone I have ever used!!! I have had every iPhone (except the 5s) and this phone is so much better. Can't see myself ever going back. The Moto X has been such a pleasant surprise. Everything about it has worked beautifully. Even my son that has the Galaxy phone is impressed. Hard to believe that anyone would bash this phone. It truly is a diamond in the rough! Love it!!!

    Well, sir, it has been close to a month. What have you done with your phone to make it yours?
    Any questions, or concerns?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Charging for the SCH-I605
    By Mustachio in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 01:08 PM
  3. Android 4.3 for Samsung galaxy s3
    By naoufalel in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM
  4. Eliminate icon for 'find my phone' on phone when using samsung dive
    By timilon mc in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM
  5. where and which page are all the roms for galaxy s3 1900 ?
    By read007 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2013, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions