Too Old For Android.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Golfdriver97! Thanks for the reply! I am trying to get my home screen to look like Dr. Bombays on the "Let's see your Moto home screens, page 1. He is running Nova launcher and the clock widget One More Clock Widget with the theme is Chrome Rings. I tried installing the Nova Launcher and it completely nuked my homepage. Had to uninstall it. I was hoping the customization would be easier. Would love to find a YouTube video on how to customize your home screen.

Nova does start you out fresh. But once you have built it up, it isn't so bad. You should be able to install the clock widget without adding Nova.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I was finally able to activate the Moto X last night. Been playing with it while working today. It is a bit different from my iPhone. Finally figured out the e-mail, phone, voice mail and texting part. Trying to customize my home screen. This seems to be more tricky. Are there any good videos or write-ups on how to do this. I tried installing some from the app store but it messed everythingi up. Had to uninstall it. I like the home screens that have the circles around the time and weather and battery %. I installed Nova Launcher but that made everything go away. Had to uninstall it.
So I am at the point where I think iPhone users throw in the towel and return to there iPhones. I don't want to do this. I need a good place that can teach me how to install this stuff.

My advice is to not try to do much customization on the first day. Take your time and do it your way little by little without trying to duplicate anybody else. You'll learn what you like. Also I would stick with the stock launcher for awhile before playing with Nova. Customizing an android homescreen is about the easiest thing you will find out about your Moto X.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
My advice is to not try to do much customization on the first day. Take your time and do it your way little by little without trying to duplicate anybody else. You'll learn what you like. Also I would stick with the stock launcher for awhile before playing with Nova. Customizing an android homescreen is about the easiest thing you will find out about your Moto X.

+1 to what he said. Take it easy on the launchers, learn stock first.

And, I own Nova Launcher. I usually use it to get rid of sense or touch wiz to make it more like stock. The moto X is damn near stock right out of the box. Enjoy that. This is the first time I have not felt the need to download Nova launcher and is a good thing about the phone you chose. When you get bored and need a "new phone" is when you want to start dabbling with the launchers.

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help!
Since I just received my phone, do you think it already has the talked about camera update? If not, where would I go to see? I apologize for the elementary questions.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help!
Since I just received my phone, do you think it already has the talked about camera update? If not, where would I go to see? I apologize for the elementary questions.

You probably already got it.
Go to settings-about device and take a screenshot, power and volume down at the same time.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?

It's a good way of disabling automatic updates to your device and making some apps not work.

Unless you are into customisation beyond what stock offers you I would suggest don't do it. It can lead to tears unless you have a certain level of expertise.

I don't root my phone's.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is tapa talk a different texting app? If so, is it better than Moto's and should I be using it?

It is also more simplistic. Less info to download. You can usually tell by signatures is someone is using a mobile app or on a desktop. Note my signature on this post.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
haha "Root? Did you say root? What in the world is that?" and I'm a couple of years older than you.. Got a chuckle out of that. Reminds me of the judge in the movie "My Cousin Vinny"

kayakpeak

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I am a 72 year old male. Not high tech by any means and been using iPhones for five years. The moto is very intuitive and quite easy to use. I think you will use the voiceless control more than you might think as well as other features on this phone. Good luck and enjoy. I know you will.

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have been using the Moto X for about 10 days now. All I can say is that it is the best $%$#@ phone I have ever used!!! I have had every iPhone (except the 5s) and this phone is so much better. Can't see myself ever going back. The Moto X has been such a pleasant surprise. Everything about it has worked beautifully. Even my son that has the Galaxy phone is impressed. Hard to believe that anyone would bash this phone. It truly is a diamond in the rough! Love it!!!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have been using the Moto X for about 10 days now. All I can say is that it is the best $%$#@ phone I have ever used!!! I have had every iPhone (except the 5s) and this phone is so much better. Can't see myself ever going back. The Moto X has been such a pleasant surprise. Everything about it has worked beautifully. Even my son that has the Galaxy phone is impressed. Hard to believe that anyone would bash this phone. It truly is a diamond in the rough! Love it!!!

Thrilled it's working it out for you! There is a while world of learning ahead with android! Enjoy.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Well, sir, it has been close to a month. What have you done with your phone to make it yours?
Any questions, or concerns?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad