One less i-Phone, One more Moto X User

allen1466

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
Traded in my i-Phone yesterday and picked up the Moto X and "IT IS" what everyone is talking about. Solid build and dead in the hand! The active display is something I'm going to get use to very quickly and not wanting to lose. This is a very nice function! This phone is faster than my i-Phone 4.
To the other poster that asked if your too old to switch to Android. I'm 47 and No, you not to old to be young again!!!:)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to posting in the forums!

Nice catch on the Moto X? You're gonna love it even more than do now. What color did you get?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
Traded in my i-Phone yesterday and picked up the Moto X and "IT IS" what everyone is talking about. Solid build and dead in the hand! The active display is something I'm going to get use to very quickly and not wanting to lose. This is a very nice function! This phone is faster than my i-Phone 4.
To the other poster that asked if your too old to switch to Android. I'm 47 and No, you not to old to be young again!!!:)

Welcome to the forums and Android!
I have the X myself, and I love it!!!
By the way...I think this is the post you were referring to. Give a shout out to him in case you haven't: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/327461-too-old-android.html

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just converted to Android from years of iOS. I will admit that I still love my iPad Mini and that still think software/games are done very well on the iOS platform. I use iOS (iPad Mini) for gaming. But for my mobile phone, I'm pretty excited about the switch to Android.

I've been using some type of android for the past week. I started out with the LG G2. I was disappointed by the usability of the device. It was mostly that my hand could not adjust to such a large device. I'm very accustomed to the ability to type, browse and do things on the phone using one hand. The LG had a great and large screen, I loved knock-on, the device was overall nice, and the software wasn't all too bad. However, I ran into a bunch of bluetooth issues where I had to reset the phone (entire device was unresponsive), I depend on bluetooth connectivity in the car, and this was yet another 'dealbreaker'. The size prevented me from ever getting comfortable with gripping my phone. A very important app that I use with my wife (groceryIQ) could not sync up, and a few other apps had some random crashes. Overall, not the greatest experience with LG/Android.

I traded my G2 within the 14 day period (only having it for 6 days), for the Moto X last night. I played around with it for several hours last night and I could not be happier at the moment. Size is perfect for my 'iPhone hand'. Bluetooth has been flawless. Active notifications/lock screen detection almost replaces the 'knock-on' feature for the G2. I just pull the phone out of my pocket and it is ready to unlock (or I can check a notification or time). GroceryIQ works! All the same apps I downloaded from the Play store installed and perform well. No crashes or resets needed. The twist to launch camera has already come in handy taking a photo of my kids. Using Nova Launcher and PowerToggles to replace some LG launcher features that I missed. SwiftKey is pretty awesome as well. I NEVER wanted to type out messages/emails on the iPhone. SwiftKey and predictive typing may change that for me.

Overall, I am VERY happy with my first 5 or so hours with the Moto X and their implementation of Android. Yes, out of the box, the software my feel a little featureless, but I love the ability for me to goto the Play store and get the apps I use (on my desktop/iOS/android) and set them as the defaults on the Moto X. Yes, I could probably do the same for the LG, but it seemed like they tied in some extra bloat and there were some things you couldn't disable.

Anyway, I look forward to the rest of my 24 month contract with the Moto X (wish i could've done the wood back though).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just converted to Android from years of iOS. I will admit that I still love my iPad Mini and that still think software/games are done very well on the iOS platform. I use iOS (iPad Mini) for gaming. But for my mobile phone, I'm pretty excited about the switch to Android.

I've been using some type of android for the past week. I started out with the LG G2. I was disappointed by the usability of the device. It was mostly that my hand could not adjust to such a large device. I'm very accustomed to the ability to type, browse and do things on the phone using one hand. The LG had a great and large screen, I loved knock-on, the device was overall nice, and the software wasn't all too bad. However, I ran into a bunch of bluetooth issues where I had to reset the phone (entire device was unresponsive), I depend on bluetooth connectivity in the car, and this was yet another 'dealbreaker'. The size prevented me from ever getting comfortable with gripping my phone. A very important app that I use with my wife (groceryIQ) could not sync up, and a few other apps had some random crashes. Overall, not the greatest experience with LG/Android.

I traded my G2 within the 14 day period (only having it for 6 days), for the Moto X last night. I played around with it for several hours last night and I could not be happier at the moment. Size is perfect for my 'iPhone hand'. Bluetooth has been flawless. Active notifications/lock screen detection almost replaces the 'knock-on' feature for the G2. I just pull the phone out of my pocket and it is ready to unlock (or I can check a notification or time). GroceryIQ works! All the same apps I downloaded from the Play store installed and perform well. No crashes or resets needed. The twist to launch camera has already come in handy taking a photo of my kids. Using Nova Launcher and PowerToggles to replace some LG launcher features that I missed. SwiftKey is pretty awesome as well. I NEVER wanted to type out messages/emails on the iPhone. SwiftKey and predictive typing may change that for me.

Overall, I am VERY happy with my first 5 or so hours with the Moto X and their implementation of Android. Yes, out of the box, the software my feel a little featureless, but I love the ability for me to goto the Play store and get the apps I use (on my desktop/iOS/android) and set them as the defaults on the Moto X. Yes, I could probably do the same for the LG, but it seemed like they tied in some extra bloat and there were some things you couldn't disable.

Anyway, I look forward to the rest of my 24 month contract with the Moto X (wish i could've done the wood back though).

Welcome to Android. Something I do to help with the reach to the upper left hand corner is I put a couple big widgets at the top. Eliminates the need to reach up there.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

there is an update to Moto X which fixes a lot of issue.

if you get the update do it immediately. I am sure u will love the phone. i love mine

ecks618

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Took me too long to make the switch but finally went over to Android.

Still use a macbook air for work and iPad mini but with the X I barely use the iPad anymore, the screen is big enough for me to read during my commute.

Have not been happier with any other phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance