Keyboard Lag

Eamon Maelia

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
When i am texting, my keyboard lags. it is slow to register the letters i press. However when i swipe, it is fun. anyone know what i can do to stop the lag?? Thanks

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything I could think of, I can't make my keyboard lag. Are you using the Default keyboard?
I even just starting typing random letters as fast as possible and it kept up. /shrug sorry, not sure what would cause it.

Pull the battery for 30 seconds and reboot ?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
ahh sorry, wrote that 10 seconds before going to bed. You can't pull battery. Is there a way to simulate battery pulls on this phone? on iPhone you press and hold power and home for 15-20 seconds and it reboots.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
ahh sorry, wrote that 10 seconds before going to bed. You can't pull battery. Is there a way to simulate battery pulls on this phone? on iPhone you press and hold power and home for 15-20 seconds and it reboots.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons. Press the volume down button a split second after you press the power button otherwise you end up taking a screenshot as well.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem when I used Swype (app). What fixed it for me was uninstalling/installing Swype. I am now lag free.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Keyboard lag with the stock Moto X keyboard? That can't be, I'd believe it if you were using an alternative keyboard, SlideIT performs terribly (I've had that keyboard for a few years and it has gotten worse).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Moto X for close to 2 months with stock keyboard and no lag.I really dont know what to suggest. I guess if it was happening to me I would try :
Settings>apps>all> Google Keyboard>Clear Cache> see if it drops any (notice it wont drop below 12.0 KB normal tho).
As far as the actual keyboard settings: settings > Language & input > Google keyboard> Did you change any of those ?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had it with swype really bad. Lately I'm getting stuttering in my phone which some other users are reporting in g+ community. Hopefully going to find some reason soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman