Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OKGN : Voice Dialing Does Not Honor Special Characters

Hi Folks,

New Moto X convert form iPhone... took a bit but now I am *really* liking this phone.

Ok smart folks, please help me out. I Did a quick search but could not find the answer feel free to point me to another thread.

I have a contact "Conference Line" with a dial in number and pass code that I have programmed into my contacts.
    Example below and it works / dials fine when I press the contact.
    i.e. It dials the number pauses enter the pass code and # sign and connects me fine.
    123456789,,987654#

However when I "OK, Google Now".... "Call Conference Line" is strips out all the special characters i.e. pauses # etc and thus does not dial / connect properly it just dials. 123456789987654 and thus does not connect me to the conference line.

Any advice? I would really like this to work.

UPDATE:
    Well duh after many tries I created a NEW contact and it works, seem like the number when it was imported was stripped of the charters and I only noticed *after* i did OKGN the first time, then fixed the number. Seems like it is cached somewhere.

So... now how do you clear the cache... I dropped and re-created the contact so I am fine but something I would like to know