Motorola Now Updating Moto X Camera via Play Store

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just saw that as well, 1st a firmware update that greatly improves it, now some more tweaking and bug fixes. It seems like Moto is taking this pretty seriously.

anon7856321

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if this is kind of the wave of the future. Google has already put a lot of their core apps onto the Play Store and looks like other companies are following. Definitely a way for them to get around the carriers and having to wait eons for the carriers to push out updates.

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
How come when I look on Play Store from my Moto X, the "Motorola Camera " app is not there? The only way I can see it is by following the posted link above, but when I go to the play store on either my laptop or phone, it doesn't show up by searching for either "Motorola Camera" or just "motorola".

Maybe I'm an *****. [edit: interesting, it redacted the word I used which is simply a 5 letter word referring to a dullard which starts with i and ends with diot]

[second edit.... I truly am a dullard. I just had to scroll through quite a bit of apps to find the "Motorola Camera" update, even though that was the exact search term. But it is there]

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason it says the app is not compatible with my device which is a moto x lol. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Seems the update makes photos have warmer colors.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383273079970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383273079970.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 56

RedLux

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I think its great that Motorola did this. Way better than having to wait for a system update, especially if you have Verizon.

Posted with my Moto X

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont take a bunch of pictures but to me these colors look fine. Its a red box with a bright green android standing on it.Lets see if tapatalk distorts it any .Stock settings just been cropped.HDR was on auto
Edit: Looks pretty much in picture like it does in person. :)
2e9upyhe.jpg

sent from Moto X

Last edited:

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I took some pics today after the second camera update and wow these pics look great. Way to go Moto.

Posted via Android Central App

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
not working for me. says installed, but it gets stuck on loading devices and says mine is not compatible. interesting. anyone else experiencing this with the 32GB X?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
not working for me. says installed, but it gets stuck on loading devices and says mine is not compatible. interesting. anyone else experiencing this with the 32GB X?
Sorry to hear that a few reported an issue like that on the Motorola forum.Have you posted on that forum ? Or have you checked out those posts ? Here is a link to one of the threads scan though the post a lil ways and i think there are a post or two with similar issue you mentioned.
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/bc21aeea0b