Moto X skipping 4.3, moving directly to 4.4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
HTC one announced 90 days for USA versions.. Will have to see. I hope its sooner than 90 days.

Posted via Android Central App
HTC I am sure has had access to 4.4 a while before launch because of the GPe one. It seems the GPe devices are running on not-so-stock stock android, so htc would have needed time to modify it to get it on the GPe one.
HTC said that the developer edition of HTC one will get kitkat in less than a month(which is the same as carrier but with no bloatware app)

so that 2 month out of 90 days is carriers fault... not HTC's... now do u see the difference?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HTC I am sure has had access to 4.4 a while before launch because of the GPe one. It seems the GPe devices are running on not-so-stock stock android, so htc would have needed time to modify it to get it on the GPe one.

Its called drivers... Same reason Nexus 4 hasn't gotten KitKat yet.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I got a soak test invite as well. Based on Motorola saying that 4.4 would be pushed within a matter of weeks it leads me to believe that this is it. The timing is right for this. I can't wait for this update to come. And yes I am on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
While interesting that it is skipping 4.3, I don't think anyone really thought that the moto x would not get 4.4. With no promises on time frame, anything is possible. Judging from past experience, don't expect anything soon. 3 to 6 months is a realistic time table for unlocked devices. Carriers longer.

I'm willing to bet money that it's sooner than 3 months.

Reviving this thread ;)