Motorola customer service

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to be very patient with Motorola but I'm very happy that I returned my moto X. I ordered both the tmobile and the GSM Dev edition, but returned both because the phone wasn't for me. The tmobile version I returned they refunded my my within 5 business days. The Dev edition was returned October 7th and today is October 31 and still haven't Groton my refund. I've been talking to customer service for days and still no refund. They gave me a free bt headphone which I refused. I just want my money back. I'm so glad I returned the phone, customer service sucks...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Gee, thanks for sharing.

cookie.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of this thread?

Sent from my XT1060

For the OP to share their own experience with Motorola's customer service.

Not everything will be good. And people that have a bad experience are more likely to share it.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
For the OP to share their own experience with Motorola's customer service.

Not everything will be good. And people that have a bad experience are more likely to share it.

Exactly and definitely. It gives the poor guy that is out some serious Benjamins a chance to vent without being asked what the point is. To the other poster: Cmon man!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to be very patient with Motorola but I'm very happy that I returned my moto X. I ordered both the tmobile and the GSM Dev edition, but returned both because the phone wasn't for me. The tmobile version I returned they refunded my my within 5 business days. The Dev edition was returned October 7th and today is October 31 and still haven't Groton my refund. I've been talking to customer service for days and still no refund. They gave me a free bt headphone which I refused. I just want my money back. I'm so glad I returned the phone, customer service sucks...

What are they telling you when you ask for a refund? Are they telling you it's processing?

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
They kept telling me it was being processed. It took 9 weeks for my refund to appear on my credit card statement.

frank33v

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the first thread I have read about customer service at Motorola being somewhat poor. I can add my experience this week to the mix.

I orderred a MotoX last week and had a change of heart the next morning and called to cancel the order. My fault I know, but thought it could be done as the order was just placed the night before. I was told the order was already for shipping (exported?) and couldn't be cancelled but they would gladly do a RMA once I received it. Ok so maybe they are shipping these quickly for the holidays. She offered to submit a request to try to stop the shipping to save the trouble and would call back the next day to let me know the results from the request. Four days later no call so I chat with customer service. They tell me it is estimated to be delivered tomorrow, but has not shipped. (last week they told me they use 4-5 day FedX so that isn't going to happen). I ask about the cancellation request and am told I need to call in to talk with customer service. Customer service tells me the same thing as last week. They do not have an answer on the cancellation request and order still shows ready to ship but don't know when. Seems to me 4 days is plenty of time to stop/cancel an order. If it was shipping that day or the next I would understand. I hope I don't have to wait as long as the original poster to get a refund. It takes 15 days before one can dispute the charge...at least with my credit card company.

The customer service agents are clearly trying to be helpful but I suspect the systems/process at Motorola just don't allow them to really be that effective.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The customer service agents are clearly trying to be helpful but I suspect the systems/process at Motorola just don't allow them to really be that effective.

Definitely. Yesterday after almost 3 weeks and a cumulative hours and hours and hours on the phone, of trying to buy the extended insurance b/c the site wouldn't let me, cs agents finally were able to fix whatever was wrong with my account that i couldn't purchase it. They tried and each one i've spoken with (over 8 people) gave it their best efforts, and yet it took that long and that was because of motos system. And before that it took motorola 2 weeks of my calling for them to realize they'd lost my phone after i'd sent it in. But their agent told me right there and then, buy a new one we'll reimburse, and in 2 weeks I had a check in my mailbox. Perfect example of a sucky system and at the same time, people working to fix problems that arise because of it.

I dread trying to fix whatever is wrong with my battery, heaven forbid i have to send this thing in, for whatever reason, they just don't have it together, and it's not for lack of their agents trying, and they also clearly have been given instructions to do whatever it takes to make customers happy, but for me to have had 2 problems that bad, that's not just my bad luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007