Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Before switching to android, make sure you disable imessage in your old iPhone before activating an android device. This is due to a bug in the iphone that sends texts into space because of friends or family with I phones still haves your number associated with imessage.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Are you having issues sending and receiving texts to and from iPhone users?

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used both SwiftKey or Swype and stock keyboard on my previous phones.The only previous phone I kept Swype on for an extended time was the Droid X.So far I havent switch out from the stock keyboard on Moto X.
I really havent had an issue with most stock keyboards,Swype or Swiftkey. I tend to turn off word prediction(auto-correction) on any keyboard tho .I cant really stand that :)

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I find myself occasionally trying to move away from swiftkey, but after a period of time always go back to swiftkey. Nothing like it really

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Swiftkey user as well. Didn't like the Google keyboard either, I save way more strokes with Swiftkey and T9 number pad is brilliant if you type a lot of numbers on a phone. To be able to select a word and have it automatically insert a space after it is much smarter than the Google keyboard or iphone keyboard way.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Swiftkey user as well. Didn't like the Google keyboard either, I save way more strokes with Swiftkey and T9 number pad is brilliant if you type a lot of numbers on a phone. To be able to select a word and have it automatically insert a space after it is much smarter than the Google keyboard or iphone keyboard way.

Yea..although there's the occasional person that likes to stand up and say they don't use swiftkey to be "individual", I would like to see a survey. I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority (or close to majority) of Android users use whatever keyboard came installed on their phone. I'm sure a lot of people who aren't geeks like us aren't really aware of the keyboard options available to them. If SwiftKey has a majority of Android users, it's probably only because their software comes preinstalled on Samsung phones.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I want to keep my Moto X as stock as possible and stopped using Nova Launcher and other clock widgets but I just couldn't get used to Google keyboard. Selecting the word to autocomplete then having to press the spacebar is an extra keystroke when using the iphone or Google keyboard. With Swiftkey you select the word to autocomplete AND it inserts the space for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci