Moto X - Prices dropped

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Because they don't want to be tied down to a two year contract or are wanting to keep their unlimited data plan.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Because they don't want to be tied down to a two year contract or are wanting to keep their unlimited data plan.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

I can maybe see the unlimited data, but I don't see the issue with a contract. The contract price + the ETF still doesn't equal the "no contract" price. Am I missing something?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Is AT&T the only option for Motomaker? I suppose a Verizon version for $499 would be unlocked, but would LTE work with AT&T service? I'm on prepaid. I'm interested in an unlocked version if it can be had for <$500.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is AT&T the only option for Motomaker? I suppose a Verizon version for $499 would be unlocked, but would LTE work with AT&T service? I'm on prepaid. I'm interested in an unlocked version if it can be had for <$500.

Supposedly Verizon gets Moto Maker on 11/11 with Sprint.

Posted via Android Central App

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I really, really hope this isn't a temporary thing ahead of the Verizon/Sprint/etc availability on MotoMaker. If they bring the price back up to take advantage of those who can newly customize, it's going to drive me crazy.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Currently Moto Maker is only available for AT&T. Rumors are T-Mobile will get Moto Maker on Nov. 8 then Sprint and Verizon on Nov. 11.

If you purchase the Verizon version I would not expect it to work on AT&T. In order to get the LTE bands for AT&T you would need the AT&T, T-Mobile or GSM dev edition version.

You can go through the Moto Maker site and get an AT&T compatible phone for $479.99. This will work on any AT&T prepaid service (I'm currently using GoPhone).

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a question if I get the off contract price $539.00 from Moto maker will they give me the code to unlock it if i want to move my service over to tmobile? Dont they unlock your device if its purchased in full price?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a question if I get the off contract price $539.00 from Moto maker will they give me the code to unlock it if i want to move my service over to tmobile? Dont they unlock your device if its purchased in full price?

I don't think Motorola will unlock the phone, you would have to go to AT&T for that. Since you purchased the phone for full retail they should not give you any troubles.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Motorola will unlock the phone, you would have to go to AT&T for that. Since you purchased the phone for full retail they should not give you any troubles.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

So if i use it on GoPhone will AT&T unlock the phone for me if I want to? I dont think I never heard someone getting their device unlock on a prepaid plan. Mmmmm if this is the case, I dont think this will work out for me. Dont want to be tied to one carrier.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
So if i use it on GoPhone will AT&T unlock the phone for me if I want to? I dont think I never heard someone getting their device unlock on a prepaid plan. Mmmmm if this is the case, I dont think this will work out for me. Dont want to be tied to one carrier.

If you paid full price for the phone they should not stop you from unlocking it. Best thing to try is go to an AT&T store and ask if they can unlock a Moto X purchased full retail. Just tell them you will be traveling overseas. I am currently using GoPhone but have not inquired about unlocking as I'm happy with the price and LTE coverage of AT&T. One thing you may need to check is will the radios built into the AT&T version work on other carriers, specifically T-Mobile. The AT&T version probably won't fully work on Sprint and Verizon.