Will there be a Moto X 2?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Wondering what everyones guess is as to if you think there will be a Moto x 2 or an upgrade to the x? Im assuming this being their flagship and the commitment to this model will bring another model. I really like the phone and plan to get it hopefully with the wood back. Just need something else to look foreward to. Haha.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If so, I hope moto maker is more widely available at the onset and that its a globally competitive device.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wondering what everyones guess is as to if you think there will be a Moto x 2 or an upgrade to the x? Im assuming this being their flagship and the commitment to this model will bring another model. I really like the phone and plan to get it hopefully with the wood back. Just need something else to look foreward to. Haha.
I would actually be surprised if there wasnt.
That being said I would hope that it would probably launch with Moto Maker available for all.
Also would hope it would have the option of 32gb across all carriers as well.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You know a lot of people complained about lack of motomaker on different carriers at launch. I for one applaud the way motoogle handled the launch. Motomaker is a first of its kind and no mean logistical feet. I think just launching from one carrier allowed moto to work out the kinks and figure out how to optimize the logistics. If moto had launched motomaker for all carriers at once I'll bet the launch would have faltered and phones would have been delayed maybe for weeks and that would have developed bad will for motoogle. So now they have the process down, the launch on other carriers should be smooth.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
You know a lot of people complained about lack of motomaker on different carriers at launch. I for one applaud the way motoogle handled the launch. Motomaker is a first of its kind and no mean logistical feet. I think just launching from one carrier allowed moto to work out the kinks and figure out how to optimize the logistics. If moto had launched motomaker for all carriers at once I'll bet the launch would have faltered and phones would have been delayed maybe for weeks and that would have developed bad will for motoogle. So now they have the process down, the launch on other carriers should be smooth.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

I bet you are on ATnT. :)

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I bet you are on ATnT. :)

Heh I'm on Verizon, and I sort of agree. I mean it was disapointed to wait this long and your hype sorta dies down, before you even get your phone. But look at all the troubles Moto had, now times that by 4. It wouldn't be pretty. Though it only should've been a month, at most two.

What if... there is no X2? :O. Motorola will add hardware upgrades to Moto Maker like choosing between 2 and 3 gigs of RAM, 2500 or 2800MAH battery.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I do like staggering the release, assuming part of the reason was to keep delivery and quality standards high. I don't like three months and still only one carrier. But, given the rumor that three carriers are supposed to go live in a three day period, I think it could mean less of a wait in the future if they stay with a customized strategy.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There will likely be a successor.

Will it be called X 2? No one knows.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Heh I'm on Verizon, and I sort of agree. I mean it was disapointed to wait this long and your hype sorta dies down, before you even get your phone. But look at all the troubles Moto had, now times that by 4. It wouldn't be pretty. Though it only should've been a month, at most two.

What if... there is no X2? :O. Motorola will add hardware upgrades to Moto Maker like choosing between 2 and 3 gigs of RAM, 2500 or 2800MAH battery.

Project Ara.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Yeah next Fall would be the time i would Think. I get one device per year so that would be cool to have an upgrade from the previous model once a year like the Samsungs and iphones

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Do we have any reason to believe Motorola will just stop producing phones?

If you really want to look forward to something, I hear the Moto X 4 is gonna be off the chain.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Do we have any reason to believe Motorola will just stop producing phones?

If you really want to look forward to something, I hear the Moto X 4 is gonna be off the Chain.

Awww did you make a funny?? :D

They could make a different model not based on Motomaker. Or go another route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I would be stunned if they abandoned this new direction at all. You don't invade the market as a self-proclaimed "game changer," then surrender and revert back to the status quo. Motorola is attempting to redefine themselves early on with the Moto X, and one can only expect future releases to support their new philosophy even more.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Tell that to BlackBerry..............lol
I would be stunned if they abandoned this new direction at all. You don't invade the market as a self-proclaimed "game changer," then surrender and revert back to the status quo. Motorola is attempting to redefine themselves early on with the Moto X, and one can only expect future releases to support their new philosophy even more.