Sort of hoping kitkat gets delayed a little

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
50 bucks? I paid $250 for a note 2. $200 for a DNA. $200 for a iphone 5. I got this for $50 bucks?

Wow. What a steal.

I love this phone more then any other I have ever owned.

It has so much character.

Smooth, clean, nice.

I am usually waiting in agony for updates being on Verizon. But, this time, I am finding myself hoping that they drag their feet on kitkat.

I do not really understand it myself. But I have the closest thing to perfect for me right now.

I am not sure I want sweeping changes to it. Maybe next summer or something when the newness wears off.

I know, its dumb, but anyone else have reservations about it?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
We all have our likes/dislikes about OS versions and it does take some getting used to after our phones are updated. This is actually one of the reasons why I like to root. I don't have to upgrade unless I want to :p

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not here. Still waiting on Motomaker, but once I get this, I'll be looking forward to how transparent nav and notification bars as well as immersive mode look on this screen.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im not checking the System Updates if thats what ya mean.
I will take the update when it shows up tho.:)

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on my 'honeymoon' period with this phone too. Being an Android newbie, there is soooo much more functionality that can be attained via apps. The ways to customize the interface and use different launchers has really made me a happy camper. The Moto X is a great phone for me. The feel and usability with just enough great features baked into Moto's version of android has impressed me throughout.

A couple of nit picky things I can think of:
  • Hardware buttons are a little wiggly. They jitter when the phone is shaken
  • Getting SMS from iMessage users has been a nightmare. (not Android/MotoX fault)
  • Lots (almost too much) of choices for default applications, I can't decide which app to choose when the default app action shows up. Ahhh... 'Always' or 'Just Once'... (again, this is just me getting used to having this kind of flexibility)
  • still trying to find a outlook (owa) client that supports non-active sync connections (iOS had one called Outlook Mail Pro - by CodeBeforeDawn)

Anyway, I agree with OP, I love this experience so far. Not since my Macbook Air (2011), have I been just blown out of the water by how great of an experience from a product.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What are the issues that you are having with SMS and iphone users?
Mostly group texts, iMessage users will send out a group text where I am the only one who is not on imessage anymore. I will get the first message, but when anyone replies, I don't get any messages. I've missed out on entire conversations. I have an iPad mini and a Macbook Air, and I've signed out completely on both of them (Facetime and iMessage). I'm going to wait a day or two and then do some tests with some friends to see if my phone number was released by the apple system. Then I'll try signing back on on the other devices (just using my email address).

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
50 bucks? I paid $250 for a note 2. $200 for a DNA. $200 for a iphone 5. I got this for $50 bucks?

Wow. What a steal.

Smooth, clean, nice.

I am usually waiting in agony for updates being on Verizon. But, this time, I am finding myself hoping that they drag their feet on kitkat.

I do not really understand it myself. But I have the closest thing to perfect for me right now.

I am not sure I want sweeping changes to it. Maybe next summer or something when the newness wears off.

You should do Motorola trade up program. Buy an admiral Motorola phone for 10-20 on eBay and get 100 back

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on my 'honeymoon' period with this phone too. Being an Android newbie, there is soooo much more functionality that can be attained via apps. The ways to customize the interface and use different launchers has really made me a happy camper. The Moto X is a great phone for me. The feel and usability with just enough great features baked into Moto's version of android has impressed me throughout.

A couple of nit picky things I can think of:
  • Hardware buttons are a little wiggly. They jitter when the phone is shaken
  • Getting SMS from iMessage users has been a nightmare. (not Android/MotoX fault)
  • Lots (almost too much) of choices for default applications, I can't decide which app to choose when the default app action shows up. Ahhh... 'Always' or 'Just Once'... (again, this is just me getting used to having this kind of flexibility)
  • still trying to find a outlook (owa) client that supports non-active sync connections (iOS had one called Outlook Mail Pro - by CodeBeforeDawn)

Anyway, I agree with OP, I love this experience so far. Not since my Macbook Air (2011), have I been just blown out of the water by how great of an experience from a product.

Sms to iPhone users gets fixed in 4.4

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mostly group texts, iMessage users will send out a group text where I am the only one who is not on imessage anymore. I will get the first message, but when anyone replies, I don't get any messages. I've missed out on entire conversations. I have an iPad mini and a Macbook Air, and I've signed out completely on both of them (Facetime and iMessage). I'm going to wait a day or two and then do some tests with some friends to see if my phone number was released by the apple system. Then I'll try signing back on on the other devices (just using my email address).

But was it signed out from your old iPhone?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Wow. What a steal.

Smooth, clean, nice.

I'm not going to tell them to take drag their feet with it.

But me having a good experience with my Moto X is not dependent on getting a new version of Android on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar