Signal strength vs other phones

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and am looking for an upgrade. I love my Gnex but my phone has a terrible signal just about everywhere, but it is especially bad at my house . I went down to my local corporate VZW store to check out some phones today.

I compared every phone side by side with my Gnex, both showing the signal strength in dbm and asu rather than relying in bars. To my surprise every phone was within 4-5dbm of the Gnex. I looked at the LG G2, Moto X, Note 2 and the Droid Maxx. Surprisingly, the G2 consistently had a worse signal than my Gnex when comparing dbm....

My main upgrade motivation was better signal strength... my trip to the store popped my upgrade bubble.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the Gnex as well and I can honestly say the Moto X does everything the Nexus should have done but didn't. The Moto's radios are MUCH stronger. With the Gnex, I could barely maintain a 3G signal in my office. But with the X, I have a very good 4G signal. It's amazing how much that helps with the battery life, too.

My Gnex struggled with holding a signal at my home, too, even though it is also deep inside 4G territory. But, again, the X has a good 4G signal.

No matter which way you slice it, the X has excellent radios. Compared to my son's S4, it is on par or stronger (which is at least a testament to Samsung finally improving their radios). But all the other things about the X make me happy I chose it over the S4.

anon(79053)

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the GNex to the Moto X on Verizon. The radio in the X is way better. 3G before at but now 4G. Barely 4G at home but now decent 4G. The Moto X is such an improvement over the GNex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles