Moto x off contract 16gb att $205@ dell

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
This screenshot belong to someone else on another forum. Looks like alot of them are getting this. Mine still hasnt change it. Instead of canceling everyone orders Dell is trying to pull a fast one...View attachment 92444

This screenshot shows what mine now looks like, if I click the link in my original order confirmation email. To be fair to Dell, I believe the description was simply mislabeled in that it didn't include the 2 year contract part. We did order the on contract device. The Dell SKU we ordered, A7204291, is the on contract white AT&T Moto X (not sure what the black one's SKU is). The SKU for the same device off contract is A7204292. They just updated A7204291 with a new price of $87.99. Possibly the description was also updated and that's why our orders now show that when we click the link in the email.

I'm just going to sit tight for now and see how this all spins out.

I am curious though how the 2 year contract is enacted if the device is purchased through Dell. Tonight I clicked through on another on contract device, and I was able to go all the way to the submit order button with nothing mentioned about a contract. Does that happen after clicking the submit order button? If so, we should be good. Or is it tied to the device somehow and the contract is required at activation? What if I simply take my Net10 AT&T SIM card and put it in?

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This screenshot shows what mine now looks like, if I click the link in my original order confirmation email. To be fair to Dell, I believe the description was simply mislabeled in that it didn't include the 2 year contract part. We did order the on contract device. The Dell SKU we ordered, A7204291, is the on contract white AT&T Moto X (not sure what the black one's SKU is). The SKU for the same device off contract is A7204292. They just updated A7204291 with a new price of $87.99. Possibly the description was also updated and that's why our orders now show that when we click the link in the email.

I'm just going to sit tight for now and see how this all spins out.

I am curious though how the 2 year contract is enacted if the device is purchased through Dell. Tonight I clicked through on another on contract device, and I was able to go all the way to the submit order button with nothing mentioned about a contract. Does that happen after clicking the submit order button? If so, we should be good. Or is it tied to the device somehow and the contract is required at activation? What if I simply take my Net10 AT&T SIM card and put it in?

Same here Im not going to cancel. When we order the phone nowhere on the site stated that it was a 2 yr contract. So if Dell wants to waste their time and money and ship it out to us, and have all these phone return let them. . I am not signing any contract. Chances are they are going to email us and try to make us sign a contract before they ship out these phones.

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe its gone for some of you.. A week later, and I just ordered mine for a total of $94.21!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Dude your order is a 2 yr contract............We are talking about no contract...........btw......Moto x is only 50 now with 2 year contract from other sites...

What does it matter if I already purchased it without entering AT&T account info. And, whats stopping me from putting my current SIM in when it comes?

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
What does it matter if I already purchased it without entering AT&T account info. And, whats stopping me from putting my current SIM in when it comes?

Yeah. Hope you get it. If they are forcing us who got got it at $209, chances are they are going to make you sign a 2 year contract. Btw the orders that are for white are showing up with the 2 yeae contract. People who order it in black are still showing no contract
Posted via Android Central App

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Hope you get it. If they are forcing us who got got it at $209, chances are they are going to make you sign a 2 year contract.

I hope so too. It's weird that it was $209, but even weirder that it went down to $82 for me. I've been reading a lot that its sold through a third party company, that will contact you for contract specifics.

Fingers crossed. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
All this is getting very interesting. I really wish you guys the best of luck and hope Dell doesn't pull a fast one!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Tyyyy

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Hope you get it. If they are forcing us who got got it at $209, chances are they are going to make you sign a 2 year contract. Btw the orders that are for white are showing up with the 2 yeae contract. People who order it in black are still showing no contract
Wow, I just noticed that.. the damn thing says 2 year contract now. But having collected no information from us what can they do?
All this is getting very interesting. I really wish you guys the best of luck and hope Dell doesn't pull a fast one!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
They better not, it was their own fault. I have a white one coming so I am thinking I need to call and get verification of why is says 2 year now

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope so too. It's weird that it was $209, but even weirder that it went down to $82 for me. I've been reading a lot that its sold through a third party company, that will contact you for contract specifics.

Fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for the screenshot so when I call Dell I could show them that $87.99 price is for a 2 year contract, and my order which was $209.00 is off contract. j/k We wil be finding out soon.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshot so when I call Dell I could show them that $87.99 price is for a 2 year contract, and my order which was $209.00 is off contract. j/k We wil be finding out soon.

Good luck! I'm glad you ordered some too, to do the dirty work for us! I hope to get the phones, but I'm not worried enough about it to spend a lot of time investigating.

EDIT: I do purchasing for my work, and we have a business account with Dell. I emailed our rep to see if he can tell me anything, but I haven't heard back yet. I'll keep you guys posted...

Last edited:

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Well just got a call from dell saying to either pay full price or cancel the order :/ sadly had to cancel after a fight with a manager

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Got an email...

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted your Estimated Delivery Date and your order is now projected to reach you on or before 11/26/2013.

We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Original estimated delivery date was 11/21/2013.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Got an email...

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted your Estimated Delivery Date and your order is now projected to reach you on or before 11/26/2013.

We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Original estimated delivery date was 11/21/2013.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

I just got that too.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to dell again they are stating they just got an email that if customer wants phone off contract they must accept agreement for contract or order will be cancelled. Dell said email should come sometime today or tomorrow. They said because they use a 3rd party for phone purchases there is nothing they can do