Voice command question

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read on the Moto X, it can not send and receive text messages via voice? Just want to confirm this.

basically I cannot say, OK google, send text to John, hi john. it sends it, receive text and it speaks it back to me.

I am debating between the X and N5 right now. they both have good qualities I like.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Dont have a Moto x but from what I think I understand is that you can get all your text passage and who youre sending it to ready without touching the phone. You have to simply press "send". When driving mode is enabled, it will read the text. Dont know if there is a setting to make it read out load when youre not moving. Thats the best I got

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Btw I was considering the N5 as well for a minute but it sounds like the high resolution screen is a pretty big battery drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read on the Moto X, it can not send and receive text messages via voice? Just want to confirm this.

basically I cannot say, OK google, send text to John, hi john. it sends it, receive text and it speaks it back to me.

I am debating between the X and N5 right now. they both have good qualities I like.

The touchless controls still needs work... I'm hoping kitkat will fix some of the lacked features many moto x owners have. However, to clarify the moto x can send a text via voice command, but it is tricky sometimes. The touchless controls sometimes confuses the contact name as something you want to search for. Other times the phone will send the text, but through a different command; they have text, send a sms, send a txt to, and etc... If you say "okay Google now text john saying hi" while not driving and it recognizes it as a text command then it will poppup a box with the contact and what you want to say with a button that says confirm. It is not coded to ask you by voice if this is the text you want to send rather you have to press the button. However, if you are driving with assist is on and someone texts you then it will read the text aloud and asks you if you want to send a text to them that you are driving... Its weird I know... And something that motorola needs to work on, but besides that flaw it is an awesome phone. Hopefully they fix it in the kitkat update...

Posted via Android Central App

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
actually, with the moto x you can wake up the phone without touching it and send a message, with the N5 you simply cant wake it up without touching it

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
actually, with the moto x you can wake up the phone without touching it and send a message, with the N5 you simply cant wake it up without touching it

Yes.. But there is bugs... Half the time it recognizes that you want to text if you use an alias like "sweetie" or a complicated name. Plus, it doesn't read back the text and ask you to confirm unless your in driving mode with the assist function on.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae