Any new Verizon customers using moto maker?

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My sprint contract was up and I've been wanting to switch to Verizon because sprints data is just terrible where I live, and Verizon has 4g everywhere around me, but I was waiting for moto maker to come out before switching.

Anyways, I did everything online, so I could get a free galaxy s3 for my parents, but when I tried to add a custom moto x, I wasn't able to put it under the same account. So after chatting with a Verizon employee for an hour, they had me set up two separate accounts, one for my parents, and one through moto maker for my x. Apparently this was the only way to do it and I'll have to combine the Verizon accounts once I get the phones.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. I'm hoping I'm not charged anything extra for having the two accounts, the rep said I wouldn't be

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
My sprint contract was up and I've been wanting to switch to Verizon because sprints data is just terrible where I live, and Verizon has 4g everywhere around me, but I was waiting for moto maker to come out before switching.

Anyways, I did everything online, so I could get a free galaxy s3 for my parents, but when I tried to add a custom moto x, I wasn't able to put it under the same account. So after chatting with a Verizon employee for an hour, they had me set up two separate accounts, one for my parents, and one through moto maker for my x. Apparently this was the only way to do it and I'll have to combine the Verizon accounts once I get the phones.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. I'm hoping I'm not charged anything extra for having the two accounts, the rep said I wouldn't be

Ekks... The big red... They are notorious for slow updates for ota updates... If there are charges feel free to complain. Most cases they give you $$ off bill.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

i once experienced this kindoff similar issue but with ATT. I was trying to add my account to california account. ATT said they cant. i had to create a new account and merge it with the other account for it to work... i know its stupid

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's not really a big deal as long as I'm not charged any extra, I just thought they would give me a code to use on moto maker instead of making a separate account.

I'm just excited for this phone and active notifications. My epic 4g touch is holding up well running cm 10.1, but I'm ready for some moto haha

DustoMan

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The Moto Maker doesn't tie into Verizon's system directly. If you look closely, they mention that their wireless partner is Best Buy. This is probably why you can't combine the phones until you get them. Verizon has no visibility of the Moto Maker custom phones until it's in your hands and activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2