Why I canceled my N5 order

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just had to feel both devices before jumping ship from an iPhone 4s. Both phones being the N5 and the moto x. Drove to best buy today to see for myself.

The N5's materials impressed me. Very non-fingerprinty and pretty scratch resistant. Nice screen size. However, all the problems mentioned in this forum were present in the display models. Wobbly power button, poor wifi signal, weird clicking sound when screen is tapped, low speaker volume, ran very warm despite not doing much, etc. However, these were not reasons why I passed on the N5. The screen didn't look as good as the X's. Also, the OS overall felt a bit clucky compared to the X. I'm not sure why so feel free to correct me.

The X felt awesome. The build quality was very impressive. The OS breezed through everything I threw at it. It ran cool. The screen is so sharp... It is a bit small but when I put it next to my iPhone, I remembered why it wasn't so important to haul around a large phone. The active notifications is very impressive as well. I actually couldn't explain why I liked the X so much...

I sooooo wanted to get the N5. After playing with my friend's N4, I decided the N5 would be the device for me. However, the X has won me over by under doing itself. The X felt like the girl next door. She wasn't hot like the cheerleader at school but for some reason, she will steal your heart in the end.

I've canceled my N5 order from the play store and going ahead with my moto x build. Good luck everybody! I know the N5 is a great device at heart and it will continue to improve. However, for now, I'll be with the moto x.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The important thing is that you got what's good for you! That's the beauty of android, it has a great selection of niche products under its umbrella, eventually we will all get 90% of a perfect phone.

Let me add in some happy thanksgiving and merry Christmas.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol