VZW Sale $49 Moto X

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's only till the 18th, so I'd say they are just trying to push the Moto Maker aspect since that was just made available this week.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
For those who already ordered their Moto X this week, call Motorola and they should give you either a $50 Motorola accessory promo, or a $50 Visa gift card good for cash. I did this morning and the Visa card will be on its way in a few weeks.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
For those who already ordered their Moto X this week, call Motorola and they should give you either a $50 Motorola accessory promo, or a $50 Visa gift card good for cash. I did this morning and the Visa card will be on its way in a few weeks.

I did same thing. Got the cash card.

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who bought a device off-contract, this still applies to you. If you look, though, the price of the off-contract Moto X has jumped by $50 from a few days ago, so after the $50 credit, it's exactly the same price as it was earlier this week. Sleazy as hell, Verizon. Still, I decided to take a chance and see if I could still get a credit. Tried the chat - guy wouldn't do anything, but told me he would do further research and get back with me in 24-48 hours. I didn't mention the difference in price or anything, just said I ordered earlier in the week and saw the new promotion and wondered if I could receive some sort of credit. So, no luck there.

CALL, don't use their chat. After my failed chat, I decided to try to call. It took no more than 60 seconds before the representative was apologizing, saying that things move very quickly in the mobile world and that they could offer me a $50 online store code. I jumped on that, seeing as how that was exactly what I wanted, as I need to get a car dock and maybe a screen protector. I should have my code tomorrow. :)

So, it's basically like I got my 32 GB Moto X for $500. Win.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my wife's custom X at a Verizon store. I called Moto and they were unable to provide me a refund/credit because I didn't process the order with my credit card (I used the code VZW provided). So I just called VZW customer service and they offered me the refund directly to my bill without any hassle. Considering the grief many (including myself at times) lob towards Big Red, this is FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. And combined with Moto sending me a free case due to their site's problem with not letting my purchase the case, that is also FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

To me, they truly do seem to be eager to build a solid reputation for good customer service. I have been nothing less than 100% pleased thus far with two Moto X purchases.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who bought a device off-contract, this still applies to you. If you look, though, the price of the off-contract Moto X has jumped by $50 from a few days ago, so after the $50 credit, it's exactly the same price as it was earlier this week. Sleazy as hell, Verizon. Still, I decided to take a chance and see if I could still get a credit. Tried the chat - guy wouldn't do anything, but told me he would do further research and get back with me in 24-48 hours. I didn't mention the difference in price or anything, just said I ordered earlier in the week and saw the new promotion and wondered if I could receive some sort of credit. So, no luck there.

CALL, don't use their chat. After my failed chat, I decided to try to call. It took no more than 60 seconds before the representative was apologizing, saying that things move very quickly in the mobile world and that they could offer me a $50 online store code. I jumped on that, seeing as how that was exactly what I wanted, as I need to get a car dock and maybe a screen protector. I should have my code tomorrow. :)

So, it's basically like I got my 32 GB Moto X for $500. Win.

It's very sleazy. Using their chat, I tried to get them to go back to the original (as of Wednesday) $549 price for a 32GB off-contract VZW phone (and still give me the $50 promotion), but they wouldn't budge. What number did you call for Motorola?

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's very sleazy. Using their chat, I tried to get them to go back to the original (as of Wednesday) $549 price for a 32GB off-contract VZW phone (and still give me the $50 promotion), but they wouldn't budge. What number did you call for Motorola?

I went to their contact us page, and called the first number listed on the right for product and technical support.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried this twice and got a no both times. Let me know if you have any luck via phone!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I received the discount code the phone representative promised me. And then this morning, I got an email from the research team offering me a $50 gift code, and asking me to contact them to let them know if this was acceptable. I played dumb, started a chat, and referenced the issue ID number that was included in that email. The guy escalated me to MotoMaker support, and then told me that I would be receiving my gift code in one business day.

My 32 GB Moto X now effectively cost me $450. Yay for the left hand not talking to the right!

edit: Already got my second code. #Winning

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers