Moto X Discontinued

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It was little different for me. Talking to the AT&T rep on the phone, she was very nice and was trying to be helpful but knew nothing about the Moto X. I was trying to see if I could get the code for the upgrade and use the Moto Maker. No idea, I had her goto the website and see what I was talking about. Silence.....silence.....Oh this is so cool....I hear from her. I then proceed to tell her about the voice and display, she says she will look into getting one now and thanked me :)

Of course I thanked her, even though I was not able to do the Moto Maker, I did get one in Black that is out for delivery today :)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for AT&T or Moto but when I bought my moto x, the sales guy said his store hadn't sold a single one before me.
I hate it for moto, this phone is amazing, spec wh0res just don't get it.... :(
I even saw spec wh0res moaning about specs on the $179 no contract moto G....

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
There is one way to tell that the G isn't the replacement for the X - No LTE.

Posted via Android Central App

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm 10 minutes away, from that store. I should go in there and cause some trouble. It'll be fun. :p

It wouldn't be the first time, a carrier store rep or manager has outright lied. I could be wrong, though: that particular store may have stopped selling the Moto X. Is that even a possibility?

I just called the store. They claimed they carried the Moto X but would not say anything more.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for AT&T or Moto but when I bought my moto x, the sales guy said his store hadn't sold a single one before me.
I hate it for moto, this phone is amazing, spec wh0res just don't get it.... :(
I even saw spec wh0res moaning about specs on the $179 no contract moto G....

Its a pretty good phone if you're going for a overseas trip or something

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

Tech First

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It was little different for me. Talking to the AT&T rep on the phone, she was very nice and was trying to be helpful but knew nothing about the Moto X. I was trying to see if I could get the code for the upgrade and use the Moto Maker. No idea, I had her goto the website and see what I was talking about. Silence.....silence.....Oh this is so cool....I hear from her. I then proceed to tell her about the voice and display, she says she will look into getting one now and thanked me :)

Of course I thanked her, even though I was not able to do the Moto Maker, I did get one in Black that is out for delivery today :)

Selling an AT&T rep one of their own phones... thats just a classic

iamyourdemize

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm 10 minutes away, from that store. I should go in there and cause some trouble. It'll be fun. :p

It wouldn't be the first time, a carrier store rep or manager has outright lied. I could be wrong, though: that particular store may have stopped selling the Moto X. Is that even a possibility?

Haha, I live in Milwaukee. Let's go start a riot.

I was in a Verizon store the other day with a friend of mine. I have been pushing her to the Moto X but the Verizon rep would NOT let up on the S4 or Note 3. Neither were even an option in her mind.

lzelanka

May 15, 2012
Visit site

the same thing happened to me...except I'm on verizon

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
the same thing happened to me...except I'm on verizon

Same. TWICE when i have been in an ATT store, 1 guy told me (this was before it had come out): you don't want that, check out the HTC.
The 2nd time, this was the other day when i was picking out a color, the guy just straight up made a face. lol. I asked him what he carried he swaggardly took out his Sam 4. lol. Innovation can be a tough concept for people because it takes a little imagination.

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They were pushing the Moto X hard in the corp AT&T store when I bought my phone a few weeks ago. It has twice the promotional space as as Apple and Samsung combined. I was there for well over an hour (I wanted to make sure the young lady that originally helped me got her commission when I went back) and they were doing just about everything humanly possible to make sure everyone at least gave them consideration.

Plus they gave me a free Otterbox Commuter case because they said I was so awesome about commending them how professional they ran their store.

The corporate store on the other side of town are a bunch of iPhone ******-nozzels however.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how a phone that just finally expanded the custom orders is going to get discontinued. The Moto G, to my understanding was not coming to North America, presumably to not compete with the X.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

sanchitgrover

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
How this thread turned from moto x discontinued to how fun it was to talk to the rep! Haha

I dont think moto would be that stupid. Moto x is selling well

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how a phone that just finally expanded the custom orders is going to get discontinued. The Moto G, to my understanding was not coming to North America, presumably to not compete with the X.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

The moto g will be available In the USA in January.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How this thread turned from moto x discontinued to how fun it was to talk to the rep! Haha

I dont think moto would be that stupid. Moto x is selling well

Probably because it isn't being discontinued. Motorola has elves working as fast as possible to get the languages for the release in other markets right now

Sent via my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia