Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!

    In an effort to help time pass as I waited for my Moto X to be delivered I decided to read and watch as many Moto X reviews as I could. Review after review, they all said the Moto X was great, but the one thing that stood out to me was that the majority of reviewers only managed to get about 3 hours of screen-on time with most reviewers saying battery life was simply good, decent, moderate, or solid. However, I've noticed the exact opposite.

    I'm a heavy user and usually I can kill a good battery within a school day (7am - 7pm, or 9 am -7pm depending on the day) with the iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4, as two examples. With the iPhone I made it till about 3pm before it needed a recharge and with the S4 I made it till around 2pm till I needed a charge. With the Moto X, however, I'm completely blown away. I've used the phone nearly nonstop today and yet I still haven't even plugged it in. GPS, wifi, Google Now, LTE, one exchange email, and one gmail have all been going on all day. Wifi has been spotty at best (college dorm, wifi sucks here) and my cell signal is also not the greatest, so that probably took a toll on the battery. I've sent hundreds of texts, used Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (it's actually not as bad as I thought), and was even on the phone for a bit as well. Through all this, the phone just won't die. This is also unrooted so nothing is frozen, just a few disabled apps.

    So, all I can say is battery life is absolutely amazing. And to think this only has a 2200mAh battery. This is rivaling battery life I got with my G2 that has a massive 3000mAh battery. Just look at the screenshots, they speak for themselves (I was able to take one screenshot of the screen-on time 10 seconds before the phone died, the others were taken about 5 minutes or so before it died . Anyone else seeing crazy battery life as well?

    Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!-screenshot_2013-11-15-19-38-18.png
    Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!-screenshot_2013-11-15-19-38-24.png
    Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!-screenshot_2013-11-15-19-43-24.png
    Last edited by bd1212; 11-15-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    jephanie likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me

    dont know where u heard 3 hrs but moto X users just like u have posted many threads with 5-6 hrs screen time....

    moto X rulez
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    dont know where u heard 3 hrs but moto X users just like u have posted many threads with 5-6 hrs screen time....

    moto X rulez
    Just from screenshots that reviewers had been posting online. I've also seen plenty of regular users posting only 2-4 hours of screen-on time, which is why I am so surprised. The fact that this phone can get 5 hours of screen-on time is nuts!
  4. #4  
    ddot196's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me

    Very nice to see. I just got mine in today and have been fiddling with it non stop lol. Can't wait to see what the actual battery life looks like on a normal day for me.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Moto X and reading all these threads about how good the phone is is driving me nuts. I WANT MY X!!!!!!!


    Sent from somewhere
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Moto X and reading all these threads about how good the phone is is driving me nuts. I WANT MY X!!!!!!!


    Sent from somewhere
    moto X is awesome, if that makes u feel any better
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    moto X is awesome, if that makes u feel any better
    Thanks for making my wait a little more agonizing.


    Sent from somewhere
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Moto X and reading all these threads about how good the phone is is driving me nuts. I WANT MY X!!!!!!!


    Sent from somewhere
    I was in the same position a few days ago, so I know your pain.

    I just couldn't help posting this thread... I've NEVER seen battery life like this from an Android device unless it has a massive 3000+ mAh battery, and I DEFINITELY didn't see this kind of battery life out of the box from an Android phone either. It usually took a few days and required me to root the phone to freeze a bunch of manufacturer and carrier bloatware. The fact that the Moto X can get this kind of life on the first day out of the box is something I've never seen before.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by bd1212 View Post
    I was in the same position a few days ago, so I know your pain.

    I just couldn't help posting this thread... I've NEVER seen battery life like this from an Android device unless it has a massive 3000+ mAh battery, and I DEFINITELY didn't see this kind of battery life out of the box from an Android phone either. It usually took a few days and required me to root the phone to freeze a bunch of manufacturer and carrier bloatware. The fact that the Moto X can get this kind of life on the first day out of the box is something I've never seen before.
    What I find nearly unbelievable is how thin the X is compared to my Rezound with an extended battery! The X has nearly the same power output as the brick, er, Rezound I use now, but the X is SO much more svelte.


    Sent from somewhere
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    What do you guys like the most?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpeacemaker View Post
    What do you guys like the most?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    The feelvof the phone... By far the best.

    Posted via Android Central App
    jephanie likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    The feelvof the phone... By far the best.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Seriously, this.

    Quote Originally Posted by xpeacemaker View Post
    What do you guys like the most?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    As globster2000 said, the feel of the phone is definitely one of things I like most about it. It's to the point where I don't even want to use a case (although I know I'd drop it eventually, thus causing me to cry) which is something I can't say the same of any other phone I've owned other than the iPhone, but even then, this phone is definitely my favorite so far in terms of weight, feel, and ergonomics. The iPhone felt premium, but it also felt fragile. The Moto X manages to feel premium, but at the same time is rugged and can definitely take a beating (hell, it's water-resistant, and based off of past phones that used their water-resistant nanocoating, it really works). You'd think a phone that is rugged would be thick, bulky, and feel horrible in the hand, yet the Moto X feels amazing, in what I can only describe as feeling soft in the hand. The curvature of the back literally conforms to your hand, while also being smooth and grippy; it's a pleasure to hold. I don't know how to put it any other way. It's exactly how a smartphone should feel, even though most do not.
    Last edited by bd1212; 11-15-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    fldude99 and globster2000 like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    That's pretty nice.. Btw I was running cm 11 and got 14 hours on my GS3.. now that is impressive too.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by bd1212 View Post
    Seriously, this.



    As globster2000 said, the feel of the phone is definitely one of things I like most about it. It's to the point where I don't even want to use a case (although I know I'd drop it eventually, thus causing me to cry) which is something I can't say the same of any other phone I've owned other than the iPhone, but even then, this phone is definitely my favorite so far in terms of weight, feel, and ergonomics. The iPhone felt premium, but it also felt fragile. The Moto X manages to feel premium, but at the same time is rugged and can definitely take a beating (hell, it's water-resistant, and based off of past phones that used their water-resistant nanocoating, it really works). You'd think a phone that is rugged would be thick, bulky, and feel horrible in the hand, yet the Moto X feels amazing, in what I can only describe as feeling soft in the hand. The curvature of the back literally conforms to your hand, while also being smooth and grippy; it's a pleasure to hold. I don't know how to put it any other way. It's exactly how a smartphone should feel, even though most do not.
    I don't think I'll ever go back to the iPhone if it keeps its current shape. I remembered my 4s would hurt my hand in 10 minutes because of its box like shape. Where as my moto x is always in my hand and never hurts because of its curves and dimple. The active notifications, touchless controls (although 4.4 will make it truly touchless), camera gestures, and snappy OS + Games is added extra... The only complaint is not having a nice wood back and the camera. I'm no photographer but the camera is 50/50 for me in terms of capturing moments.

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!

    I can get close to 7hrs screen time if I'm on WiFi and I am just doing browsing and social media stuff.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpeacemaker View Post
    What do you guys like the most?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Active notifications, great signal reception, the snappy ui and the form factor

    Posted via Android Central App
    jephanie likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpeacemaker View Post
    What do you guys like the most?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    The size and the touchless controls (always ready).
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Active notifications, great signal reception, the snappy ui and the form factor

    Posted via Android Central App
    All of these but also add great battery life.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    All of these but also add great battery life.
    I can't get over this battery life it's just so good.
    jephanie likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    That custom chip + legendary Moto reception = amazing battery life. Dont really know much about the custom chip....but when you have phones that get good reception, they last longer vs. phones that dont. Phones with weaker reception work harder trying to get, maintain a signal.

    Plus probably because of other lil features like the active notifications. I wonder whats the battery drain vs a notification light. I still prefer the notification light tho.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    That custom chip + legendary Moto reception = amazing battery life. Dont really know much about the custom chip....but when you have phones that get good reception, they last longer vs. phones that dont. Phones with weaker reception work harder trying to get, maintain a signal.

    Plus probably because of other lil features like the active notifications. I wonder whats the battery drain vs a notification light. I still prefer the notification light tho.
    Yep, Moto makes awesome radios. I know the chip that they're using is very efficient and optimized as well, further increasing battery life. How come you prefer the notification light over active display? I'd guess battery drain is very very minimal with active display.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by bd1212 View Post
    How come you prefer the notification light over active display? I'd guess battery drain is very very minimal with active display.
    Just something I'm used to. I dont have a Moto X yet....I just like being able to know whats up with my phone from almost across the room. My G Nex, it wasnt bright enough...my Rezound...it was too small.

    But I am a big Moto fan, so I can forgive the notification light for everything else. I also miss FM Radio so I am also looking at an Atrix 2, HD, something. I'm going pre paid now so I got a few options for a Moto phone.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me

    Quote Originally Posted by bd1212 View Post
    Just from screenshots that reviewers had been posting online. I've also seen plenty of regular users posting only 2-4 hours of screen-on time, which is why I am so surprised. The fact that this phone can get 5 hours of screen-on time is nuts!
    Keep in mind that your overall time is "only" 10.5 hours. 16 hours is much closer to a full day.
  24. #24  
    redeyss's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!

    Battery life amazing here too, streamed music to Bluetooth speaker over WiFi for at least six hours and after 12 hours on and used sparingly I was over 50%. I was using WP8 Nokia devices previously but this phone might make me switch from my lumia 1020. Camera is tricky but I just take more shots til I get a good one.

    Anybody try "I feel lucky radio" on Google music? It's freaking awesome!!!!

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!

    I was debating between this and the Droid MAXX. My last phone was the Razr HD MAXX. I usually sat at 60% battery life at the end of the day. I was a little nervous how I would handle the X. The past two days I have had about 20-30% left at the end of the day with normal to heavy use, so I'm pretty happy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 keep rebooting over and over and over and won't stop.
    By Jessica Smith in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
  2. Just...WOW...massive speed increase using ART cache
    By JeffDenver in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 10:57 AM
  3. DO you all keep your GG connected at night/home?
    By htc evo 4g in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 09:56 PM
  4. Wifi keeps dropping out
    By davy4475 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM
  5. Google Maps: keeps reverting to AM or PM
    By gavril in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions