Day 3 Moto X

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Loving it so far!

I ordered my 32gb Moto X with a royal blue back, white front, yellow accents, and Chelsea FC etched onto the back on Tuesday afternoon and it was on my doorstep Thursday morning- I was quite impressed with the turn around time.

--The look and feel of the phone. I held a few in best buy and the felt light and plastic, but this one has good weight and does not feel like plastic at all.
--Active notifications. I didnt think they would be that great until I actually got a chance to use them.
--Battery life. I came from a Razr Maxx so I was worried that I would be returning it within the first 14 days to get a Droid Maxx due to the battery life. But yesterday I got a soild 16 hours use with 3 hour screen time. I ran it until I was down to 3%. Not as good as the maxx, but this will do fine as long as that keeps true.
--This phone is so fluid, I cant make it stutter or lag, im hoping I feel the same in 6 months.
--The fact that after I turned my phone on upon arrival I was already logged into my home wifi and all my apps started to download from my maxx.

Dislikes.
--I didnt like stock launcher too much. I was too used to Nova that I had to throw that back on there. I missed beiing able to swipe the dock for more apps, and I didnt like that there was a google search bar on each home screen. I want my plume widget and bookmarks widget as large as possible, and Nova gives so much more room.
--Gmail- Not sure why, but I cannot figure out how to swipe to delete- it is no where to be found in my settings. I also cannot delete from the notification shade, only archive. I was able to change that in the settings in my maxx, anyone know how to do it here?
--Incoming calls. The picture of whomever is calling is half blacked out by the swipe to answer portion. Not sure if it is supposed to be like that, or if its a defect?

No opinion yet
--I havent used the camera much at all yet, so I will reserve judgement on that
--Touchless control. Also havent used much, but I am sure it will be great in the car

I also have a questions for hangouts...is there a way to reply to only the sender on an MMS message with multiple people?

overall I am extremely satisfied thus far, and will recommend this phone to anymoe.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. On the camera that faces you have you tried taking a pic of yourself? Maybe it's just my phone but it seems the camera is darker at the top of the screen than the bottom

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick question. On the camera that faces you have you tried taking a pic of yourself? Maybe it's just my phone but it seems the camera is darker at the top of the screen than the bottom

Do you have a case on it? Not saying it's blocking the lens but it may be blocking some light and changing how the camera is adjusting for light source differences

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site

just tried it out and i didnt notice any issues with that

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a case on it? Not saying it's blocking the lens but it may be blocking some light and changing how the camera is adjusting for light source differences
No case on the phone. I have been looking at the lens carefully and it almost looks like it "shifted" a bit within the phone and under the glass...I could just be seeing wrong but ill have to check out a phone at a store and compare