Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  • 1 Post By vmaxed
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I don't use my phone as a phone all that often - I usually use no more than 100 minutes of talk time in a month. But I've noticed that my Moto X's in-call volume is really, really low. The speaker phone is plenty loud, but when holding the phone normally, the earpiece speaker is really, really quiet. While driving yesterday, it was almost impossible to hear the person on the other end. And at the bar? Yeah, no chance. It doesn't seem just quiet, it seems abnormally quiet, and I'm wondering if my device has a faulty speaker.

    Anyone else have a really quiet ear speaker?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Did you try turning up the volume during the call?
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Did you try turning up the volume during the call?
    Of course. It's all the way up.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I find it softer (turned all the way up) than the LG G2 did or my old fascinate (which could also double as a speakerphone it gets so loud). I find I have to position it at a sweet spot over my ear. I may have trouble in a loud place. However it's not as soft as you describe.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Mine is loud and clear.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    bd1212's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    No problems here. Maybe its a defect?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Well, damn. It's really too quiet to hear if there is any sort of background noise. Hmm.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Volume bug... Did you have gps on before the call? Maybe played music? My moto sometimes doesn't toggle the volumes correctly towards the specific tasks... Like it may be using the volume level of music instead of the volume level of calls when you have a call.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    imurrx's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

    Default

    I noticed this from day one. I remember some times seeing a warning about high volume and Hearing loss. I went into settings and every thing is maxed. I guess this phone is a bit soft in volume.

    Two other car Bluetooth bugs I have seen is the incorrect dialing of phone numbers and not showing 100% charge when the phone is charged.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    I noticed this from day one. I remember some times seeing a warning about high volume and Hearing loss. I went into settings and every thing is maxed. I guess this phone is a bit soft in volume.

    Two other car Bluetooth bugs I have seen is the incorrect dialing of phone numbers and not showing 100% charge when the phone is charged.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I've had my device freeze up twice now when streaming music over bluetooth and running navigation. There's some sort of bug with that, but I wasn't able to nail down the exact circumstances leading to the freeze. The device would eventually unfreeze after a minute, though.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    If you want to experiment listening to the other end and have it a free call, dial #832 (test call). I just did it again and now feel it is fairly loud (but I'm still in a quiet room). At least with the test call, it's a controlled test - the other end should always come through at a constant level and then you can play with your volume control. And there shouldn't be any weird noise cancellation stuff going on with regard to the other end (presumably). Only thing is it doesn't last long and hangs up on you so you have to keep calling back if you need to.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    There is a Bluetooth bug I experience when disconnecting that often I lose sound until I reboot. When this happens speaker phone is faint and volume is really low in ear piece. Sometimes it's the opposite too, the system sounds can be super loud for some reason.

    Never really bothers me though.. Figured they will work the bugs out with future updates.

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Okay, so there is definitely something wrong with my phone. I did the test call, and played with the volume. While I see the volume changing box on-screen, there is absolutely no change in the volume from the earpiece. None at all. Even when on speaker phone the volume hardly changes at all. wtf?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I think the volume is great on the X on speakerphone its super loud. Maybe you should go to the Verizon store and try another phone.

    Posted via Android Central App
    oneblackhand likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Quote Originally Posted by sc4fpse View Post
    Okay, so there is definitely something wrong with my phone. I did the test call, and played with the volume. While I see the volume changing box on-screen, there is absolutely no change in the volume from the earpiece. None at all. Even when on speaker phone the volume hardly changes at all. wtf?
    Are you talking about the volume level where you speak and the voice is sent through the phone line or are you talking about the sound of the person from the ear speaker/rear speaker?

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    No not at all, it's a tad muffled though. My Optimus LTE was extremely quiet, had to root and install Volume+ to boost it.

    If you bother to root your Moto X you can probably increase it with Volume+. Also not sure if it'll help you but you can enable hearing aid mode too, I think that also increases output volume a little.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    sc4fpse's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I just did a factory reset for a non-related issue, and I found that my in-call volume is MUCH louder now. There was definitely some sort of problem before. It also persisted after the KitKat update, but after doing a factory reset, all is as it should be. I'm thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't a hardware issue.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Just got my moto g last weekend, and updated to kit kat within a couple days. I noticed my phone does the same low volume thing others experienced, but only after disconnecting from blue tooth in the car. Volume is affected both in earpiece and speaker. I could barely hear people on the other end. To fix, during a call in progress, I simply lowered then raised volume. No need to reboot or reset to factory settings.

    Worked like a charm and now it's as loud as I need. Kind of a pain but hopefully Google comes out with a fix for this bug.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Quote Originally Posted by sc4fpse View Post
    I don't use my phone as a phone all that often - I usually use no more than 100 minutes of talk time in a month. But I've noticed that my Moto X's in-call volume is really, really low. The speaker phone is plenty loud, but when holding the phone normally, the earpiece speaker is really, really quiet. While driving yesterday, it was almost impossible to hear the person on the other end. And at the bar? Yeah, no chance. It doesn't seem just quiet, it seems abnormally quiet, and I'm wondering if my device has a faulty speaker.

    Anyone else have a really quiet ear speaker?
    My x in call volume is exactly as you describe
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomatosouplabs View Post
    If you want to experiment listening to the other end and have it a free call, dial #832 (test call). I just did it again and now feel it is fairly loud (but I'm still in a quiet room). At least with the test call, it's a controlled test - the other end should always come through at a constant level and then you can play with your volume control. And there shouldn't be any weird noise cancellation stuff going on with regard to the other end (presumably). Only thing is it doesn't last long and hangs up on you so you have to keep calling back if you need to.
    called using that number and get a non working number
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I have the same problem with moto x play bought yesterday ... Did you found some solution ?problem
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4fpse View Post
    I don't use my phone as a phone all that often - I usually use no mfore than 100 minutes of talk time in a month. But I've noticed that my Moto X's in-call volume is really, really low. The speaker phone is plenty loud, but when holding the phone normally, the earpiece speaker is really, really quiet. While driving yesterday, it was almost impossible to hear the person on the other end. And at the bar? Yeah, no chance. It doesn't seem just quiet, it seems abnormally quiet, and I'm wondering if my device has a faulty speaker.

    Anyone else have a really quiet ear speaker?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Is anyone else's Moto X in-call volume really low?

    I'm having this problem too...had the phone four days and it's incredibly annoying for a phone to not function well as a phone. Plus, when you consider that the speakers are meant to be SPEAKERS for music...Led Zep blasting across the room when you're in the shower...and that same speaker driver can't produce a volume that's loud enough to hear the caller's voice when it's stuck on my EAR? c'mon...that's ridiculous. that speaker and the amplifier has the power to make my eardrum bleed...

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a messaging app which now includes Facebook and sms messages?
    By robsawalker in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. Ringtone volume reduction
    By Evgenibir in forum LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 10:35 AM
  3. LG G2 - Disable Auto Volume Reduction?
    By rjs5689 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 09:33 AM
  4. How to add music in videos for Instagram?
    By Nabooy in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 09:32 AM
  5. Nexus 5 or two Moto G's
    By briankariu in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 06:37 AM

Posting Permissions