How to have Google Play play artist using touchless control?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
'Ok Google Now... Play Foo Fighters'

One thing to check and I'm not sure if it will make a difference. Go to Google Now > Settings > Phone Search and make sure Play Music is checked.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Found on xda the fix. When Now pulls up the card tap the play logo with small red triangle on lower right corner. Choose Play Music instead of Play Store. Also use "listen to" if play doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Silly Pirate

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It only sometimes works for me. Sometimes it just brings me to the artist, other times it will actually play something. I know I am using the right commands because it spells it out in the search bar when I give the command. On some rare occasions, it will not even recognize the Play Music app and just do a Google search.

...and yes, the Play Music app is selected on the card when it pops up. Not really sure what the problem is, may try reinstalling the apps

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

OpalOtter

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have found that every time I say "Play (artist)" or "Listen to (artist)" it plays the most popular song on Google play (Unlimited) and no others.

I frequently shuffle entire artists and hoped I could say "Play Daft Punk" and it play every song by the artist; but it has never worked that way for me.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried it while driving (with the phone in my pocket) and have only gotten it to work once or twice. I wish there was a setting to get it to always play from Play/Music All Access, or for it to ask me where to look.

SKIBOARDER119

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me that it works for more popular artist. If I say "listen to metallica" or "listen to cold play" it works. If I say "listen to Brand New" it doesn't.