Multiple Moto X issues: Bluetooth while in car, battery issues, saving pictures from text.

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm having multiple issues with my Moto X.

1. While driving, if I'm playing music through Bluetooth and receive a call, the music will not resume after the call ends. Well, it still plays but will not play through my car speakers. It will either play through the phone speaker (although it shows connected to Bluetooth) or the song continues to play with no sound. Any idea what's going on here?

2. My phone does not last anywhere near a full work day. I never receive more than 3-4 hours of on screen time. Is this normal? I don't use many apps but could it have something to do with me using Aviate?

3. When someone sends me a text, I can save the picture but it doesn't save to the Downloads or DCIM folder. Any idea where it goes?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Aviate is AWFUL. Its constantly requesting GPS to do things that suck your battery. I lost over an hour in screen time from Aviate.

Photos are being saved to your gallery in a section called downloads. You can also locate them with new Google photos app.

Posted via Android Central App

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to uninstall and see what happens with the battery.

Typically, the pictures should be saved in the downloads section of the gallery but I'm not finding it. I also disabled the Google+ photos app so they won't be there.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
2. My phone does not last anywhere near a full work day. I never receive more than 3-4 hours of on screen time. Is this normal? I don't use many apps but could it have something to do with me using Aviate?

3. When someone sends me a text, I can save the picture but it doesn't save to the Downloads or DCIM folder. Any idea where it goes?

2. How's service for anyone else an LTE phone at your work? Is there strong coverage?

3. When I save pictures from text messages, they show up in a Download folder in the Gallery.

Posted via Android Central App

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I should have clarified. I just meant an 8 hour day. I have strong LTE coverage pretty much everywhere in Akron, Oh.

Mine are not for some reason. Do you think it could be because I disabled the Google+ photos app? I do not use anything Google+ so I disable most of that stuff.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
H...
1. While driving, if I'm playing music through Bluetooth and receive a call, the music will not resume after the call ends. Well, it still plays but will not play through my car speakers. It will either play through the phone speaker (although it shows connected to Bluetooth) or the song continues to play with no sound. Any idea what's going on here?

I've experienced similar and posted over in the Motorola forums about it. Hopefully they pick up on it and review as a possible bug. When playing music or podcasts via BT and receiving a notification or call the application or BT connection seems to hang or crash. The only way to get it back is to force close the app (Pocket Casts, Poweramp or Doggcatcher) and then restart the application. I only experience this on my Moto X (or my wife's Moto X) and no other device (SII, HTC Rezound).

One workaround I found with Pocket Casts is to select 'Play over notifications' in the Playback settings. Not sure if that helps at all with your BT issue.

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced similar and posted over in the Motorola forums about it. Hopefully they pick up on it and review as a possible bug. When playing music or podcasts via BT and receiving a notification or call the application or BT connection seems to hang or crash. The only way to get it back is to force close the app (Pocket Casts, Poweramp or Doggcatcher) and then restart the application. I only experience this on my Moto X (or my wife's Moto X) and no other device (SII, HTC Rezound).

One workaround I found with Pocket Casts is to select 'Play over notifications' in the Playback settings. Not sure if that helps at all with your BT issue.

I use Spotify and every notification or call that comes through, the music stops, even if the ringer is on silent of vibrate. A force close does not work for me (swiping the app away). I have Force Stopped the app (in the app settings) and that doesn't work. The only thing that works for me is to do a quick reset or disconnect, then reconnect Bluetooth. Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't found any other apps with "play over notifications" although that would be great.

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid Bionic ( Motorola phone ) and it has similar issues with Bluetooth. I just ordered the Moto X and was hoping that Bluetooth actually worked. :eek:

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issues when plugging into a car usb, it does not charge but tries to connect as media and will not charge?