Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals for the off-contract Moto X?

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if there were any plans or potential for a temporary price drop for the T-Mobile (unlocked) variant of the Moto X for either Black Friday or Cyber Monday this year?

I realize they just recently dropped the price $100, but it's still rather cost prohibitive for most. T-Mobile doesn't carry the device on their website or in stores, so there isn't even the option to take advantage of their Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). The other three big carriers seem to be using competitive pricing of the Moto X to entice new customers, while it doesn't seem to be on T-Mobile's radar at all. Is this because T-Mobile has opted instead to hitch it's wagon to the Nexus 5?

Any thoughts or insider info would be much appreciated!
:)

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in this as well. I'm switching to T-Mobile but I want to wait for some good phone deals.

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I know Verizon gots a good black Friday deal. $50 on contract and they give you $100 gift credit card. If you do that and buy an motorola admiral for $10-20 and trade that in for another $100 gift credit card then you can literally be paid $130 to switch to the moto x on contract.

Edit: that is walmarts listing I think

Last edited:

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I know Verizon gots a good black Friday deal. $50 on contract and they give you $100 gift credit card. If you do that and buy an motorola admiral for $10-20 and trade that in for another $100 gift credit card then you can literally be paid $130 to switch to the moto x on contract.

Thank you! That is a nice incentive, but I was on Verizon for ten years and I recently switched due largely to poor reception (believe it or not). I much prefer being off-contract now and T-Mobile offers more bang for the buck. The only drawback is the lack of phone subsidy. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34