Those of you with Skips+dots?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Newb question how did you do that using NFC?

Posted via Android Central App

Download Trigger from Play store, purchase NFC tags (mine came with key chain fob) and program the tags to do the functions. The app will help you through. It's not a steep learning curve at all.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the skip and dots are cool, but I find no use, as I'm almost always with my trusted BT device. Do most folks not use BT?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Do most folks not use BT?
Nope. Atleast I don't. Don't call much so I don't need a earpeice, plus don't like them. Smartwatch would be cool, but nothing I like enough yet. Is Glass Bluetooth? But thats a while out.
I think the only thing I have used Bluetooth was with my Moga controller.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the skip and dots are cool, but I find no use, as I'm almost always with my trusted BT device. Do most folks not use BT?

I was not using Trusted Bluetooth until I got my Pebble

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even opened the package yet. Maybe I should make sure NFC works on the phone before I can't return it. I haven't figured out when/how I'd use it, but I do always PIN lock my phone.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I do not use BT unless in the car. I hate watches so Pebble is out. Skip is perfect for my needs, put on belt and instant unlock.

I do carry a fitbit, would be interesting to see if that can be make a trusted BT device or not. My skip is arriving today, so will test.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I do not use BT unless in the car. I hate watches so Pebble is out. Skip is perfect for my needs, put on belt and instant unlock.

I do carry a fitbit, would be interesting to see if that can be make a trusted BT device or not. My skip is arriving today, so will test.

I am thinking about getting a fitbit. Please update us if it will work as a trusted device with the Moto X.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Atleast I don't. Don't call much so I don't need a earpeice, plus don't like them. Smartwatch would be cool, but nothing I like enough yet. Is Glass Bluetooth? But thats a while out.
I think the only thing I have used Bluetooth was with my Moga controller.

interesting. I'm not going to hijack the thread, but BT vs NFC is slightly related when on the subject of unlocking the phone. I'd like to see a survey of the use of BT. The only time I talk on my phone without it, is when the BT runs out of juice. For me I dislike having the device up at my ear. But on the subject of keeping the phone unlocked, as mentioned by others, there are a number of BT dongles that seem to be made just for that purpose-maybe even keep them on a keychain.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
interesting. I'm not going to hijack the thread, but BT vs NFC is slightly related when on the subject of unlocking the phone. I'd like to see a survey of the use of BT. The only time I talk on my phone without it, is when the BT runs out of juice. For me I dislike having the device up at my ear. But on the subject of keeping the phone unlocked, as mentioned by others, there are a number of BT dongles that seem to be made just for that purpose-maybe even keep them on a keychain.

I was thinking about purchasing one for that exact reason, but they all have below average reviews on Amazon.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was not using Trusted Bluetooth until I got my Pebble

How do you like your Pebble. The more I hear about them and the more I read about them, the more I want one. I'm really very close to pulling the trigger on one. May do the Best Buy black friday deal where you get a giftcard with your pebble purchase.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
How do you like your Pebble. The more I hear about them and the more I read about them, the more I want one. I'm really very close to pulling the trigger on one. May do the Best Buy black friday deal where you get a giftcard with your pebble purchase.

I'm not him but I've had one of the first Pebbles - and love it. I was in the first thousand of kickstarters shipped so I've been using it for a while. Pebble + some of the software (especially looking at their card UI in 2.0 beta) is awesome.

BUT

With the Motox, the only thing the pebble does better than the phone itself is function as a trusted device and give you watch access to change the ringer (slick pebble app) and see who's calling if the phone's not nearby. Those are nice features, but I also am a bit of a watch snob so I love wearing my mechanical watch. When I do that, I use the Moto skip that I put on the watch band, so I just tap the middle back of the phone to my watch to unlock it when I'm not wearing the pebble.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not him but I've had one of the first Pebbles - and love it. I was in the first thousand of kickstarters shipped so I've been using it for a while. Pebble + some of the software (especially looking at their card UI in 2.0 beta) is awesome.

BUT

With the Motox, the only thing the pebble does better than the phone itself is function as a trusted device and give you watch access to change the ringer (slick pebble app) and see who's calling if the phone's not nearby. Those are nice features, but I also am a bit of a watch snob so I love wearing my mechanical watch. When I do that, I use the Moto skip that I put on the watch band, so I just tap the middle back of the phone to my watch to unlock it when I'm not wearing the pebble.

Can you please post a pic of watch with the skip on it? I am curious as to how it looks being a watch snob as well.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I love it. Waiting patiently on the new SDK and devs to open up more possibilities. Right now I'm only using it "stock" + the Pebble Notifier app. I get all the alerts I need plus I can control my music on my wrist. I'm working on writing up a review.

The only thing I don't like about it is people asking me if it's a Galaxy Gear. :(

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

D'oh. Wrong post.

Attachments

• IMG_20131120_121427248.jpg
    IMG_20131120_121427248.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: