Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default True bedside mode question Help needed

Okay I LOVE this phone, I got a lg g2 and a moto x and kept the x...anyways one thing I need because of my job is this. A way to turn off all Notifications AND allow calls from ANY number including ones that arent contacts. I deal with alarm companies and need to be able to respond to calls that come in from different numbers (ones I dont even know). I am struggling because there is no way to seperate out the notification and ringtone volume that I can see. I need help from someone who has actually done this and can walk me through it at a kindergarten level, thanks all!

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: True bedside mode question Help needed

Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    Okay I LOVE this phone, I got a lg g2 and a moto x and kept the x...anyways one thing I need because of my job is this. A way to turn off all Notifications AND allow calls from ANY number including ones that arent contacts. I deal with alarm companies and need to be able to respond to calls that come in from different numbers (ones I dont even know). I am struggling because there is no way to seperate out the notification and ringtone volume that I can see. I need help from someone who has actually done this and can walk me through it at a kindergarten level, thanks all!
    I've been researching the same thing, I need to receive emergency calls overnight but don't want notifications disturbing me or the wife.

Right now, it does not look like there's a perfect solution because the two volumes are tied together in recent versions of android. Others have suggested using an audio profile manager that changes your notification sounds to a silent .mp3, which is an option but apparently quite a pain and doesn't let you do as much customization on the normal sounds as some would like.

Someone suggested Volume Butler for this purpose, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Some of the screens indicate it can split the volumes but that may or may not actually work.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thats not what I wanted to hear....does anyone know if 4.4 separates the two volumes?

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

There has been a lot of discussion on this in other threads. The Sound Profile app works for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=Orion.Soft
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Convert2 View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion on this in other threads. The Sound Profile app works for me.

I think I am going to use sound profile and have it set my notification tone to slient at night....lets hope that works and to be honest, its something I never thought of before, thanks all for the help will report back if it works in the am.

I'm happy to say I have the exact app you're looking for. I have it set to only vibrate or make a noise when a phone call comes in. Any other notification is muted. It's the only app in the Play Store that actually worked for me. Other ones would allow it to still vibrate if I got a text or something.

Here you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.nightskeeper

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Convert2 View Post
    The Sound Profile app works for me.

Sound Profile worked perfectly. The UI might be a little "My First App"-ish, but it gets the job done. I have some very specific sound requirements, not just between home, nighttime and work, but also between different rooms at work that I go between constantly.