Moto X KitKat differences & issues

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yay, they added hangouts to Motorola connect. Motorola connect and assist are also being pushed through the play store! I'm loving the backbone we're receiving from this phone. They really want to make this their iPhone. An android phone for the masses.

Sent from my Moto X

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Google Now hotword is supposed to work on the Moto X. Here is the Verizon Moto X (with Kit Kat upgrade) manual from Motorola's site

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...irect/1/filename/Xfon_UG_Vzw_KK_17618001a.pdf

On page 13 about Google Now, it clearly indicates that you need to tap the microphone button to initiate voice search. Of course, you can always initiate with Touchless Control (ok google now). Perhaps they disabled it to avoid conflict between Google Now's (Ok Google) and Touchless Controls' (Ok Google Now).

I wish it worked though or there was a way to continue searching with the hot word while in Google now. Does the manual explain how to change the phrase "Ok Google Now"?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish it worked though or there was a way to continue searching with the hot word while in Google now. Does the manual explain how to change the phrase "Ok Google Now"?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
I've been able to use, "OK Google Now" just like I used to use, "OK Google" on my Galaxy Nexus.

Open Google Now and try:
"OK Google Now, who is Barack Obama"
Answer
"OK Google Now, who is his wife?"
Answer
"OK Google Now, who are his kids?"
Answer
"OK Google Now, how old is he?"
Answer

You get the idea. Basically, I think in best interest of not being confusing and keeping the phrase uniform across the Moto X, everything that should be, "OK Google" is "OK Google Now".

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
My phone tends to go black for a few seconds after unlocking from active notifications. Very annoying. Other than that, no issues

Mine didn't do this at all until yesterday. Two days ago I sideloaded GEL, yesterday I enabled ART. After this combo I noticed the lagging if unlocking from active notifications. If I hit the power button it's instant, it doesn't do it consistently though as some times it works good sometimes not. I switched back to Dalvik but hasn't cured it. If you're also running GEL maybe that is the issue?

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been able to use, "OK Google Now" just like I used to use, "OK Google" on my Galaxy Nexus.

Open Google Now and try:
"OK Google Now, who is Barack Obama"
Answer
"OK Google Now, who is his wife?"
Answer
"OK Google Now, who are his kids?"
Answer
"OK Google Now, how old is he?"
Answer

You get the idea. Basically, I think in best interest of not being confusing and keeping the phrase uniform across the Moto X, everything that should be, "OK Google" is "OK Google Now".

Mine works that way too. I was just surprised that they disabled Google Now/Search hotword launch. Google Now/Search and Touchless Controls are separate. I expected that with Kit Kat, I could turn off Touchless Controls and still have Google Now be able to do voice search with the hotword (like any Kit Kat device does).

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I noticed after installing kitkat is that the haptic feedback on the unlock screen has been toned down significantly.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I noticed after installing kitkat is that the haptic feedback on the unlock screen has been toned down significantly.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Just the lock screen or everything like calls and text and keyboard?

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't want kitkat until the bugs are fixed I just read that a bunch of Moto X users are having exchange email issues. That's a deal breaker for me

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything's working fine for me as well. I'm just not nuts about the Favorites section in the dialer. I liked the huge icons and the fact that there was more than 3 in 4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci