Merge Hangouts and Messages, MotorolaConnect in Chrome delayed

Yooser

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
On my moto x, if I allow Hangouts to be the messaging app, the motorola connect chrome extension will receive the texts as usual, but there's a huge delay and it doesnt give any notifications. Thats kind of as bummer, since the past two days I've enjoyed having SMS and Hangouts in one place. But the motorola connect extension is hugely convenient for me at the office. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is it everyone? FYI, if you agree to merge these, you can undo it in settings.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
its been working fine for me ..not experiencing any delays ..I re installed the motorola connect app again on my chrome browser though yesterday

On my moto x, if I allow Hangouts to be the messaging app, the motorola connect chrome extension will receive the texts as usual, but there's a huge delay and it doesnt give any notifications. Thats kind of as bummer, since the past two days I've enjoyed having SMS and Hangouts in one place. But the motorola connect extension is hugely convenient for me at the office. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is it everyone? FYI, if you agree to merge these, you can undo it in settings.

Yooser

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No joy. I merged them again, then reinstalled the motorolaconnect extension, and there's still a big delay and zero new message notifications in chrome.

museic

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No joy. I merged them again, then reinstalled the motorolaconnect extension, and there's still a big delay and zero new message notifications in chrome.

Yep. Same here.
Notifications for SMS don't show up when hangouts is put as the default SMS app. If I manually refresh motorola connect, messages will appear. But notifications don't show up on their own like they are supposed to.

It even seems like motorola connect was updated today, because the notifications now come in on the top and look different. Still no dice getting it to work with hangouts. I have signed in and out multiple times and uninstalled and reinstalled the extension.

I hope Motorola fixes this soon.

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Noticed this today as well...I kinda wish they took an extra week or 2 to code it all right before pushing the update..

Posted via Android Central App

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It even seems like motorola connect was updated today, because the notifications now come in on the top and look different.

Not loving this update (the chrome extension that updated yesterday). Missing messages (not using hangouts) and not getting calls like I was before.

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
With the Moto Connect update I'm now seeing all the SMS messages I get via Hangouts and I can respond to them. The problem is they aren't marked as read when I read them via Moto Connect. When I was using the Messaging app, if I read something in Connect, it would get rid of the notification on my phone. That doesn't seem to be the case with Hangouts, even with the latest Connect update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy