Troubles activating moto maker Moto X on Sprint

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So my 32GB Moto X arrived today. When I went to try to activate it on my Sprint account I was told I have to bring it into a Sprint store to activate as it's not in their system yet. The chat rep referred to the issue being similar to the Nexus 5 activation issues they had. Sounds like some of the SIM IDs aren't in their system (even though when I looked at the SIM in the phone it said Sprint on it).

Any others run into this?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Couldn't activate mine online, guy in the store couldn't, 2 people over the phone couldn't then someone at the 42nd street NYC figured it out. I didnt find out what the problem was, I asked what he did to solve it but all he would say is that he manually programmed it, but I could tell from the way the guy I originally left it with deferred to him when i returned, that he def had to put his thinking cap on to get it done. If you can't figure it out by tmrw, give the 42nd st. NYC sprint store a call and ask about the person who had a problem activating her moto x on Tuesday night. Although probably both the guys who worked with it were doing the late shift, prolly 11-8. Def something to do with the Sim.

Bring copy of your ccid (or whatever that is) number with you if yours isn't showing under your phone info like mine wasnt. Might be helpful to someone.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

tnolte

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like I may have fallen prey to this issue as well. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hear back from someone at Sprint, as I'm activating through a company account, and they will have the majoc figured out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci