Switching to Moto X from S4

Bham22

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i made a deal with a guy to trade my galaxy s4 for his moto x. I think my s4 is a great phone and all, but I think i would enjoy the moto x more. I dont even use any of the one million features on the s4, and i really like the idea of active notifications and touchless control. So what im getting to, is do you think its worth it? What are some other great things about the moto x compared to the s4?

Also, this is more of a general android question, but what do i need to do to back up my apps and music and all that before switching phones? also should i factory reset it before switching with the guy? we are both on verizon. Thanks in advance.

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I would take your files and drag them to somewhere safe on your computer. After that, factory reset the device before trading with the guy.
Upon receiving your moto X, you can plug into the computer and drag your files you need back onto the internal storage of the Moto X.

BTW, you made a wise choice. I have both phones currently and I like the Moto X more.

Also verify his ESN is clean before getting that device.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Definitely worth it. I sold my S4 and bought Moto X on ATT. No regrets. Size is better, screen is just as good, touchless controls and trusted bluetooth is also very good. Only thing i miss is eye control. Also no bloat that came with S4. Waiting for kitkat to show up

Bham22

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm really looking forward to getting it. So, I wont need to do any kind of backup or anything? I just redownload my apps onto the moto x?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Your Google account will auto start downloading apps when you sign in. (if you have limited data make sure it doesn't eat up your allowance). Your wifi settings should auto transfer as well. As for your files, do what previous poster suggested and back up to your computer. (I recommend this periodically anyways. I have phone backups from 2009)

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For what its worth I just switched today. Still haven't gotten a nano sim from Verizon so connected via WiFi and downloaded all my apps again. My S4 seems very big and bulky now compared to the X. So far so good :)

str8bucs

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The moto X runs circles around the S4!!!

You will not regret it one bit, its super fast , the size is perfect!!

Plus you get KitKat...... Its a win-win situation!!!

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You would do much better selling your S4 and buying a Moto X than trading straight across. Used S4 prices are much higher than used (or even new) Moto X prices. Price wise, you are trading down. Check out the eBay prices on both phones.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but prices are dropping fast on the S4 average price on swappa is like 380.

Posted via Android Central App

Swappa is a totally weird animal for selling and buying that never has made any sense to me. Moto X prices are in the mid-$400 asking price. Why would anyone buy from them when you can find a new Moto X for so much less on Ebay?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Two reasons

1) they verify the ESN to ensure that it is clean
2) they charge a flat fee for selling vs a variable fee from eBay and PayPal

Also, you're forgetting about the logic of supply and demand. Moto X generates a higher price right now because there are less of them being sold. There are way more S4s on swappa now, so prices are more competitive than the X

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20