Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

88five-oh

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Its quite astonishing that the Moto X received Kit Kat even sooner than some Nexus devices. That being said, I'm jealous of Verizon, T-Mobile and now AT&T users for getting their chocolatey goodness, while I'm still on 4.2.2 on Sprint.

Does anyone have a rumored ETA for the Sprint 4.4 update? Lately, Sprint has been on top of getting updates done quickly, so it surprises me that they're behind even Verizon.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
US Cellular and the Canadians too.

Posted via Android Central App

And Republic.

I think everyone is still in shock that Verizon was the first carrier to get this pushed out. I still think it was a fluke, but time will tell.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Its quite astonishing that the Moto X received Kit Kat even sooner than some Nexus devices. That being said, I'm jealous of Verizon, T-Mobile and now AT&T users for getting their chocolatey goodness, while I'm still on 4.2.2 on Sprint.

Does anyone have a rumored ETA for the Sprint 4.4 update? Lately, Sprint has been on top of getting updates done quickly, so it surprises me that they're behind even Verizon.

I would guess that Sprint should not be too far behind.

Sent from my Nexus 7

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing Motorola wanted to stagger the rollouts by carrier so they could keep an eye out on them. Sprint just happened to be last for the big US carriers. With a couple days between each I'd wager Sprint is going to see it very soon.

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yea I hope Sprint gets the update soon. But since I've been hear issues 4.4 been having I'm wondering if I should update. Hopefully Sprint 4.4 won't have issues like the others

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if you read these boards enough..you'd think that but I know just as many who have zero issues including myself. Honestly I think sometimes people WANT to find something wrong.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly if you read these boards enough..you'd think that but I know just as many who have zero issues including myself. Honestly I think sometimes people WANT to find something wrong.

Or they just want to wait out the small bits and pieces that people *are* having issues with. Even though it's bound to happen with almost any os upgrade it still is enough for people to wait a tad til that initial period is over. Unless kit Kat is flawless at release and that's pretty rare. Some ppl don't like the common growing pains,nothing wrong with that.

I'm on sprint, I'm actually glad we're last, by then issues that ppl might or might not be having have been addressed by those who already have the upgrade.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Or they just want to wait out the small bits and pieces that people *are* having issues with. Even though it's bound to happen with almost any os upgrade it still is enough for people to wait a tad til that initial period is over. Unless kit Kat is flawless at release and that's pretty rare. Some ppl don't like the common growing pains,nothing wrong with that.

Fair enough. I agree

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing Motorola wanted to stagger the rollouts by carrier so they could keep an eye out on them. Sprint just happened to be last for the big US carriers. With a couple days between each I'd wager Sprint is going to see it very soon.

For all the other flagships (One, GS4), the carrier updates are not usually released at the same time.

Capostatuz913

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This is a thought maybe sprint be waiting for kitkat 4.4.1 to roll out for bug fixes (if there is any) on kitkat...

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
This is a thought maybe sprint be waiting for kitkat 4.4.1 to roll out for bug fixes (if there is any) on kitkat...

Hopefully that's what they're waiting for and hopefully it won't take to long for 4.4.1 to release

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been less than a week since Verizon rolled out their update. As long as Sprint doesn't push it out like a month after Verizon, I won't make a big deal about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad