Stock Calendar on Moto X - Monthly View Doesn't Label Items

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok why is the calendar when you go to month view only shows bars and not actual names of the events? I can't figure out how to change it to show anything but bars, is this a bug?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a space limitation from putting 6 weeks on the screen at once, there isn't room to write everything out on a tiny square, but having appointment times might be good.

Screenshot_2013-11-23-20-23-49.png

For an agenda approach I typically use the daily or weekly view.

Last edited:

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No way to change it. Stock Calendar and People apps (they are stock Kit Kat) are terrible compared to what everyone else is doing with them.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
There are a number of apps out there that show the events. I use Business Calendar. It is great and works with exchange (through the stock app).

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 different apps on mine for the moment that do as you ask. I had the same gripe. I'm trying to figure out what I like better: aCalendar, DigiCal, and Jorte. I think I like aCalendar except it doesn't have native notifications so you have to let the stock calendar alarm you but I don't think I mind that.

I don't like People either. I'm not sure I like what they did with the kit kat dialer on that note also. This confusing shades of white screen it plops you into... I think I prefer going right to the dial pad first.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of apps out there that show the events. I use Business Calendar. It is great and works with exchange (through the stock app).

I use Business Calendar as well. Great app, calendar customization, and ability to read text events and not just bars on the monthly view.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually switched from business calendar to Digical. The new weather feature is pretty slick and I thought the customizable widget colors was the extra bonus to get me converted.

Posted via Android Central App

What do you mean by customizable widget colors? Asking because you can change the color of the Business Calendar widget too.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by customizable widget colors? Asking because you can change the color of the Business Calendar widget too.

You can change colors on business calendar but they are preset.

With digi you can set the color and transparency level to whatever you want(on the widget) including the day text, background, task color ect.

Check it out!

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You can change colors on business calendar but they are preset.

With digi you can set the color and transparency level to whatever you want(on the widget) including the day text, background, task color ect.

Check it out!

Gotcha. You can change transparency on Business Calendar to any level you want too but I'll check out Digical for the other features.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok I had installed business calendar and its exactly what I wanted, now with that installed won't I get dual notifications from stock & business cal? I also noticed that google calendar in the play store shows it doing what business cal does with not showing bars but actual events I guess google & the stock calendar aren't the same huh.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok I had installed business calendar and its exactly what I wanted, now with that installed won't I get dual notifications from stock & business cal? I also noticed that google calendar in the play store shows it doing what business cal does with not showing bars but actual events I guess google & the stock calendar aren't the same huh.

I let the stock app run (since Business Calendar uses it), but turn off notifications for the stock app. Then I only get notifications from Bus. Calendar. It works fine.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
In looking at the way I have it set up, I actually use the notifications for the stock calendar, but view, set events and use the Bus. Calendar. Either way, you should be able to only turn notifications on for one of the apps. For the stock Calendar app, go to settings , general settings and set what you want for notifications. In Bus. Calendar, it is under settings, general settings, edit reminder settings.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out, I had to buy the pro version which includes its own notification system and I just disabled the built in calendar notifications and bingo it works great now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007