A couple of issues with 4.4

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I recently got the ota update from ATT yesterday. So far everything seems ok. However after the update my screen transitions are not as fluid as they were before. Now it seems slightly jittery and lags at times. Also, it seems that the touch screen sensitivity is Is not as sensitive as before. Anyone else having similar issues? Hopefully the issues go away with some more use.

Posted via Motorola Motox

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
By resetting and rebooting do you all mean just power cycling it. Sorry for my ignorance....

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll try. I know its not a big issue, but it seriously takes away from the fantastic user experience the phone used to have.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Factory resets blow

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

I don't think it bothers me so much because on my N4 and S3 from the past I always put ROMs on them. After a while you get good at setting up your phone fast. I don't install a bunch of apps though so that makes the restore process pretty painless.

Posted via Android Central App

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to give a few more days to see if things settle down and act normal. This factory reset stuff makes me wonder if I should have held off on the upgrade until the bugs got worked out. Damn phone was near perfect before all this crap.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Ron,

I really feel it has to do with built in kit kat launcher...I see the lag you do, but when I fire up my Nova Launcher Prime, the lag is gone....so I feel its the built in launcher causing it.

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I think you may be right, unfortunately. I have the day off today, so I'll have some time to play around with the phone. I'll definitely look into Nova Launcher. At the moment 4.4 seem like a downgrade to me, in some areas. Its too bad that some people have to do " this and that" after update to get things going again...

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to give a few more days to see if things settle down and act normal. This factory reset stuff makes me wonder if I should have held off on the upgrade until the bugs got worked out. Damn phone was near perfect before all this crap.

I think you may be right, unfortunately. I have the day off today, so I'll have some time to play around with the phone. I'll definitely look into Nova Launcher. At the moment 4.4 seem like a downgrade to me, in some areas. Its too bad that some people have to do " this and that" after update to get things going again...

Yea I agree with all the issues going on it sounds like a downgrade. Because right now on 4.2.2 it has no issues but I'm hearing all these issues with KitKat and I might not update to 4.4 when Sprint gets it until the issues are fixed. Because one of the main things I heard is the Lock screen lag or delay and I don't like that.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ATT here. I have not experienced any issues with the features I use. So far it is a good upgrade for me.

Sent from my Moto X!

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Nova Launcher Prime, recommended by Bandityo, thanks man, good call! It took care of all the lag and choppy transitions. Nova is very cool, takes away a lot of weirdness from the 4.4 update. Again, its too bad for a lot of people who don't know much about their phones and received the update and are left wondering....what the hell happened.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed when taking pictures with my camera, the photos are flipped. Is there a way to remedy this or is it permanent? I don't think this happened before 4.4
Thanks!

Jen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance