Anyone get Foxfi/PDANet to work for wifi tethering? USB works fine, but wifi tethering asks for credential passwords that don't exist even after clearing credentials. Trying to activate the mobile hotspot like it says brings up the subscription check. Anyone have any tips or find a wifi tether app that works non root? Thanks
    11-25-2013 07:58 PM
    I believe FoxFi needs to update their app with full KitKat compatibility, so it's on the developer's end.
    alphabets likes this.
    11-26-2013 01:08 AM
    Yeah I figured as much. Just wasn't sure if anyone found a workaround or another app.
    shaughton44 likes this.
    11-26-2013 09:33 AM
    Yeah I figured as much. Just wasn't sure if anyone found a workaround or another app.
    USB is the only way I've found that works

Posted via Android Central App
    11-26-2013 09:54 AM
    Wifi Tethering worked for me out of the box. No need for FoxFI. Did a four hour Skype vidio conference with it the other day and it worked like a charm with 3 others connected to it.
    11-26-2013 11:15 AM
    There are root solutions, I believe.
    11-26-2013 12:42 PM
    Wifi Tethering worked for me out of the box. No need for FoxFI. Did a four hour Skype vidio conference with it the other day and it worked like a charm with 3 others connected to it.
    How so? Unlimited Verizon here, have to pay to tether. If you're rooted, then that's outside the scope of this topic lol
    11-26-2013 02:53 PM
    I'm on a metered connection. Sounds like it doesn't apply to you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2013 03:52 PM
    I'm on a metered connection. Sounds like it doesn't apply to you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Never heard the term "metered" in connection with Verizon, so I would say no.
    11-26-2013 04:32 PM
    Still not fixed, huh?
    12-02-2013 01:13 AM
    Nope:

FoxFi does NOT work on Verizon. It asks for credential passwords (of which there is no answer for) or to enable native tethering which just results in a subscription check. I've brought this to the Foxfi developer's attention, and it's not been fun. We've exchanged multiple emails back and forth and it seems I'm dealing with someone who doesn't understand English or is just bad at reading. They keep answering everything but what I ask. First they said I can update to Kit Kat and FoxFi wifi tethering would work - false. I replied telling them this and also explained that FoxFi is asking for a credential password after having me create a lock screen with password (also new). Their reply - I can remove the lock screen by entering the wrong password 5-10 times. Again, not even close or relevant to what I asked. I'm just about done speaking with them and wouldn't consider buying FoxFi if support can't even be bothered to respond coherently.
    12-02-2013 09:11 PM
    Interesting and disappointing. I'm really hoping this will get resolved since I was thinking of upgrading to a Moto X but don't want to give up FoxFi. Keep us posted if you make any headway with the developer.
    12-03-2013 12:30 PM
    This is SO disappointing. I have also had an email exchange with the developer that was less than satisfactory. He initially gave me some bad information, then backtracked. Now he's saying that it will work in USB or bluetooth mode, but I cannot get bluetooth mode to work on my Nexus 10. It connects, but I don't have Internet access.

Anyone else try it in bluetooth mode?
    12-04-2013 09:37 AM
    you can easily root the verizon developer and non developr moto x, than get the native vz hotspot working with no subscription.
    12-04-2013 09:57 AM
    you can easily root the verizon developer and non developr moto x, than get the native vz hotspot working with no subscription.
    Easily? I looked on xda yesterday at available root methods for KitKat on the Moto X, and the only one I could find was called SlapMyMoto. It was EXTREMELY involved. Even the mods at xda characterized it as "not for the faint of heart."

Again, this was for those of us who are are currently on 4.4. Are you perhaps thinking of the 4.2 exploit, or am I missing something?
    12-04-2013 10:28 AM
    Same as Ratamacue. The only method I saw for non-dev Kit Kat Verizon Moto X was pretty complicated. I've rooted past Android phones and this method was much more complex, so not sure about "easily."
    12-04-2013 12:14 PM
    This is SO disappointing. I have also had an email exchange with the developer that was less than satisfactory. He initially gave me some bad information, then backtracked. Now he's saying that it will work in USB or bluetooth mode, but I cannot get bluetooth mode to work on my Nexus 10. It connects, but I don't have Internet access.

Anyone else try it in bluetooth mode?
    I've used it once or twice with my Nexus10[ with PDA Net].... My experiance has been that it works for a while but then sort of dropss and you must disconnect then reconnect. It was sufficentlly annoying that I just view/download on my Moto X instead
    12-05-2013 11:17 AM