X vs Nexus 5 vs 5s

jebba

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I've wanted to get a new phone for some time but my contract isn't up until May and I dont want to wait (my S3 is going downhill fast). Im deciding between the moto X, the nexus 5 and the iPhone 5s because they are all cheap and/or offer a financing program.

The biggest things I want from my phone: First and foremost to just simply work. My S3 is starting to lag a lot and I just dont have the patience. Second is the speaker on the phone during calls. I know the iPhone is fairly quiet in this sense which is upsetting and I've heard great things about the X but I dont know about the nexus. Third is outdoor brightness. My S3 is terrible outdoors and I need something that I can actually even if it means full brightness. Fourth would be the camera (as long as it is better than my S3 im okay with it.)

Im on sprint in a place where 4g is as good as nonexistent and have no option of switching as I am a college student supported by my parents (hence me wanting a cheap phone or the option of financing). I know this is the Moto X boards but if anyone can tell me their experience with these criteria or the iPhone or nexus would be appreciated. Thanks

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi! :D

The advantage of the Nexus 5 is you can use it now and then take it with you to a better carrier hopefully.

As for just works, any of the 3 we are talking about should fit the bill.

Speaker, probably the Moto X.

Outdoor brightness, the Nexus 5.

Camera, each may be nice for different reasons. The Nexus 5 takes beautiful pictures but until they release an update there is shutter lag.

If you could get to a store where you could look at and hold each of these phones it would probably help you make the best decision. :)

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

jebba

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
As for carrier im not going to be moving from Sprint (unfortunately)

And I do spend most of my time in wifi areas.

For the camera I want the most true to life and best in low light

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
As for carrier im not going to be moving from Sprint (unfortunately)

And I do spend most of my time in wifi areas.

For the camera I want the most true to life and best in low light

Moto X is a lot cheaper compared to others. It is selling for free from sprint(white/black)
Moto Maker will cost you $99 but lookout for thanks giving deal

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have all 3 right now. I think for me the Moto X is the best combo of feel and features. It does have the worst screen of the three on my opinion.

I would say the iPhone had the best camera performance if that is your main concern. I just can't stand that I cannot change my keyboard and some other settings on Apple.

On my AT&T Nexus 5 I have had issues with signal strength and volume. The screen is gorgeous and it runs stock.

They are all great phones, but you really need to decide if you like iOS or Android because in my opinion Apple's features and OS are starting to get stale. That being said as far as a device that just works and screen responsiveness, I still find it to perform the best.

If you have specific questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It does have the worst screen of the three on my opinion.
That is kind of like saying between a Ferrari, Porsche and a Lamborghini, the Porsche has the worst engine. All three phones have fantastic screens. I have the Moto X and my wife has an iPhone 5. We've put them side-by-side and you really need to nitpick to see any noticeable difference. I will gladly trade some barely noticeable difference in quality for the battery savings and the ability to have active notifications on the Moto X. Every time an active notification pops up on my phone, she asks why her iPhone can't do that. :)

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Moto X and an iPhone 5s. No Nexus 5. I can tell you that the iPhone screen will definitely be the best to view outdoors. Amoled screens are notorious for not being very bright outdoors. The iPhone does not have an Amoled screen. I am super satisfied with both phones as far as "simply working". You have many more options for customizations with any Android product compared to little customization with any iPhone. I think the iPhone 5s has the best camera of any phone I've used (and I use many on a rotation) but once again, lacks many of the customization options that any Android phone camera has.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon